Cogmind > General Discussion

Is it cold in here or is it me?

(1/2) > >>

R-26 Lightspeed:
I noticed that, when playing late-game Cogmind, i tend to feel cold and shiver. Is this the case for anyone else?
I suspect it's related to my runs taking ages to complete, which would make the stakes "higher" (if i don't win, i basically wasted all that time), which makes situations that much more stressful, and the stress would cause the cold (perhaps enhanced by the fact i only use the mouse and that Cogmind is turn-based, which causes me to interact with the game less than most games).

Very related, does anyone have general tips to have shorter runs (while still visiting as many of the Factory branches (usually caves) as possible and nearly completing every cave i go through)? I know that this is a bit vague, but i have no idea how to ask the question differently or what details to give.

Kyzrati:
There are definitely some play styles oriented towards shorter runs, some even discussed on Discord recently since a few others who haven't had the time for slow/longer runs any longer (or having had their fill of those types) were looking for alternative approaches.

(We'll see if anyone suggests any here, which would be nice, though almost all the players are over there these days xD)

RE: cold, maybe learn keyboard mode? Or maybe that's not an option for you for accessibility reasons, though it can certainly help keep you moving around a bit more. Also important to take breaks regardless of what you're doing on a computer! (not following my own advice there, I'll sit down to do something and suddenly it's hours later... but it is sound advice, haha)

Valguris:
Regarding cold, it could be caused by, e.g., low blood sugar (and probably many other things). If you're playing a long time in one sitting, try to make more breaks. Eat, drink, do some exercises, maybe take a nap? See what helps. Maybe see a doctor if it's bad.

R-26 Lightspeed:

--- Quote from: Valguris on April 30, 2022, 01:58:14 PM ---Regarding cold, it could be caused by, e.g., low blood sugar (and probably many other things). If you're playing a long time in one sitting, try to make more breaks. Eat, drink, do some exercises, maybe take a nap? See what helps. Maybe see a doctor if it's bad.

--- End quote ---
At first i didn't understand why you'd say this, but then i realized i forgot to explicitly mention that it's specifically only Cogmind. Not any other game.
I also forgot to mention that it isn't cold in the common sense; It's more like some sort of internal cold feeling.

Depending on what you mean by long in "a long time in one sitting", i might be, but i think probably not?

--- Quote from: Kyzrati on April 20, 2022, 02:50:16 AM ---RE: cold, maybe learn keyboard mode?

--- End quote ---
I've wanted and tried (and am still trying) to switch to keyboard mode for a while, but i haven't done much apart from using the numpad a bit. I'm not sure if i'll succeed.
However, i since noticed i've had this cold feeling mixed with... apprehension? Before even starting to play, so i don't think it's linked to lack of activity/mouse movement anymore.

Kyzrati:
Heh, apprehension can definitely be another factor for some, although from what I hear that's more of a thing that starts to set in later on in a long session and/or when things start getting hairy, or are assumed they soon will be on approaching the late game. That's when more than a few people apparently decide to simply take a break.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version