Cogmind > General Discussion

Traveling between floors.

(1/1)

S0ZDATEL:
Just watched your last run with exoskeleton, and it says that the distance between floors if about 1000 tiles. Now that makes me wonder...
I haven't tested it, but, if I attach, say, a Chronowheel right in front of an exit and then move to a next floor, I assume the Chronowheel will stay with me, am I correct? But the thing is, once attached, the Chronowheel destroys itself after 30 turns, and we can't change it in any way, can't deactivate it or somehow stop the countdown. Does that mean I somehow traveled 1000 tiles in less than 30 turns?

Kyzrati:
No the 1,000 doesn't mean an actual tile distance, it's just basically a separate abstract concept of some greater/different distance. This is what I meant on stream when referring to the first digit being separate from the other three that refer to local distance--it's kinda like "2364" refers to "2" depths away, and the local distance to an exit is "364"-ish.

But interfloor distances are all abstract anyway (as indicated by the new tutorial message to that effect), and technically one could say the distances might even be greater than 1,000 in some cases. We're just not advancing time for that duration because that causes all sorts of unpredictable and undesirable results.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version