Grid Sage Forums

• April 29, 2024, 01:03:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Mistake log  (Read 1581 times)

R-26 Lightspeed

• Cyborg
    • View Profile
Mistake log
« on: November 28, 2021, 10:41:42 AM »

NOTE: New entries are colored in orange. (new as in added in the last addition to post.)
               ADDITIONAL NOTE: Entries written during the edit before the latest one will be colored in teal.
(Does anyone know how to make blue text readable without requiring the "dark reader" browser extension?)

New : Successive/related mistakes are now bundled together.

This is a log of the mistakes i made (and noticed) beginning after run 100 up until the last edit of this post.
This is for others to maybe not repeat my sometimes very dumb mistakes, as well as something for me to remember my run with.
If you want to make one yourself, feel free to do so here or make your own topic or whatever.
If have some feedback you'd like to give, please tell do so.

The first ten runs are contained within spoiler tags to make this post easier to navigate.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Run 111 (W0, Volatile) : -Tried going through a garrison to get RIF on flight after forgetting garrisons can contain Cutters (this one didn't, but still).

Run 112 (-10/Defeat) : -Forgot about this run when making the previous update to the mistake log.

-Forgot YI-UF0 existed.
                                  -Didn't flee from the battle even when it was clear there was a good chance of defeat.

Run 113 (-7/Defeat) : -Didn't get a Sensor Array when it was easy to do so.
                                 -The previous mistake caused me to stay in -7/factory for a while, and while doing so accidentally clicked "refit" when trying to repair a part, instantly ending this propulsion-less run attempt (but decided to continue the run anyway).

-Accidentally dropped a Terrain Scanner and didn't realize until the next map.

-Used a terrible strategy when fighting an NPC with the help of another NPC.

-Tried using an impact weapon (instead of EM weapons) against a G even though several things pointed towards the fact they wouldn't be much good without luck/more core integrity.

Run 114 (-6/Defeat) : -Placed some Dirty Bomb Traps in an ineffective location for ZDC.

Run 115 (W2) : -"One hack too far" and lost an Adv. Hacking Suite.

-Didn't realise a bot had more visual capacity than others. (Although perhaps not when dormant?)

-Dropped an item key to still winning if things went atrociously wrong.

-Forgot to get a Imp. System Restoration Module after dropping an Adv. one that had less integrity, possibly due to uncontrolled movement?

-Took a path guarded by a Heavy instead of another, more convenient path to the same location.

-Forgot to take some screenshots.

-Didn't think to use an item to break through an important heavily armoured Shell.

-Assumed a two-slot ballistic weapon was a specific two slot ballistic weapon without comparing the mass in the gallery.

Run 116* (Set seed, -10/Self-destruct) : -Forgot about a trap i knew was there from a previous run.
                                                            -Kept using weapons while having system corruption.
Run 116* (Set seed, -10/Self-destruct) : No mistakes noted.

Run 116 (W0) : Successful speedrun attempt(1461 turns), no mistakes noted. (Still probably made a few.)

Run 117 (-1/Defeat) : -Didn't pay attention to matter reserves enough, and predictably got into a fight with very low matter, then a few more.

-Went into a room full of known explosive traps, forgetting that allies are dumb.

-Dropped the less damaged item out of a pair when trying to drop the more damaged one, didn't realize it until it was too late.

-Didn't pay attention and shot an explosive without realizing it would go past the map border.

-Shot a railgun towards a wall leading to a room/corridor in a research branch. (The shot hit a researcher)

-Fled towards the largest possible group of enemies instead of the other way.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 03:24:28 AM by R-26 Lightspeed »

R-26 Lightspeed

• Cyborg
    • View Profile
Re: Mistake log (D05/M02/Y2023)
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2022, 10:44:53 AM »

Start of Beta 11.2 runs.
I think i'm going to separate mistakes of each Cogmind version into different posts from now on.

Run 118 (Polymind, -9/Defeat) :
-Accidentally attacked the farcom terminal.

Run 119 (Polymind, -8/Defeat) :
-Does knowingly taking a risk going into a branch to try to get something really useful count as a mistake?

Run 120 (Polymind, -4/Defeat) :
-Didn't take into account the fact that a DAS i wanted to keep was going to get crushed by lack of space when i destroyed my previous host.

-Decided i could fight some eight grunts and win; I had to flee (and realized more had joined them), but i should've fled earlier, or not attacked at all.

Run 121 (Polymind, -1/Defeat) :
-Lost the DAS again, this time because i forgot it in a previous host's inventory.

-Panicked and made quick decisions rather than pause to figure something out.

Run 122 (Polymind, -1/Defeat) :
-Lost the DAS when using it to save myself from the result of making the panic decision of going to a dead end when tracked by hostiles.

-Didn't take control of a relatively powerful ally when i could.

Run 123 (flight build, W6+) :
-Instead of dashing through some grunts to recall an extermination, waited for the extermination somewhere far less safe.

-Forgot that i could go overweight to avoid cutter dispatches.

-Wrongly assumed that there wouldn't be another cutter dispatch relatively shorty after the previous one.

-Didn't realize some white/grey friendlies were following me and led them right into traps.
-Thought for some reason that those same white/grey friendlies would follow me to other maps.

-Misjudged how unstable some ceiling really was and lost an Exp. Utility Shielding.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 03:28:48 AM by R-26 Lightspeed »