Grid Sage Forums

• April 20, 2024, 04:05:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Kyzrati is on Patreon! Your support is appreciated  (Read 2861 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Kyzrati is on Patreon! Your support is appreciated
« on: March 10, 2019, 10:03:04 PM »

I've got a new Patreon page where you can support my projects :D

If you've never heard of it before, Patreon is basically a subscription service through which you can support individual creators and their work.

A number of developers have relied on ongoing donations (or specifically Patreon) over the years to help support their projects, and I've always thought this kind of model would be more suitable for the way I do things--less focused on the end-game commercial value of something and more about just making cool stuff :D

Even $1/month can really add up, but I guess we'll have to find out together how feasible this is over the long term. You can always change your subscription amount (note that Cogmind in-game rewards are permanent even if you do so--you only need to get those once). And while there are benefits, it's not really about the benefits :P

Check out the page for more info!
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Gobbopathe

• Derelict
    • View Profile
Re: Kyzrati is on Patreon! Your support is appreciated
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 11:34:01 AM »

I created a Patreon account just to support you. And... I am a complete noob, so I ask here after searching for keyword "Patreon" in this forum.
I read about a secret Discord channel for Patreons, how can I find the invite ?
And I redeemed some Discord and reddit stuff, but any idea how I could use those ? I have to say I am not quite sure what I redeemed.

I managed however to found how to launch Wizard mode, a hard won victory of mine. And to vote, too.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 05:55:46 PM »

Thanks, Gobbopathe! Cogmind's Discord link is posted all over the place, but not in the rewards instructions I link to when you sign up, so I've fixed that now :P

The Reddit and Discord stuff are automatically assigned once you've redeemed them. In new Reddit you'll have flair wherever you post in r/Cogmind, and on Discord it'll automatically give you access to the hidden channel when you're logged on.

Gobbopathe

• Derelict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 12:13:15 AM »

Thanks, it seems I was already there, but could not imagine it was a subchannel of the current roguelike :facepalm:
I will stop spamming the forum with silly questions and flood the Discord channel instead  :P

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 05:24:40 AM »

Oh hehe, yep it's a subchannel (and we have more hidden non-patron ones, too, which anyone can gain entry to on request if they don't mind light or heavy spoilers).

Certainly it's a better place to get answers to little questions (not to mention just chat), although it's also nice to get new posts on the forums, too :D