Cogmind > Competitions

Alpha Challenge 2015 (September 8-22)

<< < (43/43)

zxc:

--- Quote from: Kyzrati on September 30, 2015, 08:18:50 PM ---The analysis of the tournament data has been posted, a mega post with dozens of graphs.

--- End quote ---

That was a great read. It's obvious a ton of work was put into that post.

One thing I find curious is the min/max slots by type graph showing the same min and max for the floors -2 through 0. Is that some kind of strange coincidence?

Kyzrati:
:)

--- Quote from: zxc on September 30, 2015, 08:55:19 PM ---One thing I find curious is the min/max slots by type graph showing the same min and max for the floors -2 through 0. Is that some kind of strange coincidence?

--- End quote ---
Yes, it turns out that the very few people who reached those areas were using the same setup. The ranges are much wider if I include all runs, but that data started to look more meaningless so (twice) I switched it back to the way it is now to reflect only best/high scores.

Agroesch:

--- Quote from: zxc on September 28, 2015, 10:38:00 PM --- I am slightly ashamed to admit I haven't read any of the story-related text in Cogmind, nor have I pondered too deeply Cogmind's existence and how he came to be - in the scrapyard.

--- End quote ---

I'm in love with the lore. It's how I got "Librarian" for the tournament :P

I've got a whole list written up of the different queries I've already read. There are still a few that elude me and many unanswered questions.

Happylisk:
I know what cogmind is and why the complex exists and every day I want to spoil the (incredibly awesome) story but I keep it to myself...

Kyzrati:
Glad the lore is a hit so far. The branches will continue to flesh it out and add new parts you can't learn via regular terminals, and every day I want to spoil the story and reveal awesome stuff, but have to keep it to myself ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version