Cogmind > General Discussion

Beta 2 "Legend has it..." Discussion/Feedback/Updates

(1/2) > >>

Kyzrati:
Discuss the latest release! (Beta 2 release notes)

Any opinions on new mechanics or features? Any experiences to share?

Note that if smaller updates are made to Beta 2, they will be announced in this thread rather than the announcements board!

Update 170718 / Beta 2.1 - "0b10 Decoder"
Update 170926 / Beta 2.2 - "Shields for All"

rumpel:
Thanks once again for your hard work!

Oh, get well soon! Health is crucial, so take all the time you need. :)

Kyzrati:
Thanks rumpel, I'm very torn between pushing on anyway and continuing to take it a little easier, it having been so long already! Glad to have put out something here at least, although it's not quite the huge type of release everyone has come to expect xD. In any case, I guess it was finally about time to just do a larger update that's more about polish than adding lots of new content which might in turn need to be fixed up next time, so that's what we got :)

Kyzrati:
Update 170718 / Beta 2.1 - "0b10 Decoder"

Although a "minor" update, Beta 2.1 includes some significant balance changes and even some new content.

One of the main features is the highly-requested "item stats via art gallery!" Whether strategizing or just curious, you now have access to the data window for all items you've previously used. Keyboard players have access to this info as well, of course, via numbers (1~9) that only appear when that mode is active. And automated comparisons work as they do in game, although only with items visible on the same page. Remember that you can quickly skip to any section of the alphabetized gallery by hitting a letter key (a~z) to go to the first item with a name starting with that letter. (Note there might be a few specific items for which info does not fit in their window, because it also includes fabrication details, but I'm not sure which those are since I didn't go through the entire list yet--more items to add, first!)

For those of you who know what Z-hacks are, be aware there's a new -REPORT command used to retrieve the intel results, rather than the original method. I kinda already want to change it back because the original flow was better designed and more natural, but it was apparently not easy enough for some people to figure out so I'll at least give this newer more explicit method a chance for a bit and see how fresh players find it (this feedback cycle could take quite a while...).

The "-nonportable" feature introduced in Beta 2 (see release notes) was broken, but should now be usable for those who want to try it out. It's still somewhat incomplete since it only includes the /user/ directory instead of all scores, screenshots, and daily backups, but I'll add the option to expand it later if players are interested in that. The current setup is more aimed at just making the core migration-relevant files easier to handle when upgrading.

Beta 2.1 (0.10.170718) changelog:

* NEW: Item gallery UI also gives access to item info
* NEW: Added more manual sections, including how to activate the on-map combat log and a description of how Cogmind is different from other roguelikes
* NEW: Dedicated \\ZION-REPORT command for intel retrieval
* NEW: 4 new items (utility with unique mechanics)
* NEW: 1 more Trojan() hack (secret)
* MOD: Core resets no longer unidentify items held in inventory
* MOD: Fabricating any variant of Cmb. hover now produces a pair instead of one
* MOD: Maul and Hvy. Hammer differentiated by giving latter wider damage range
* MOD: Tweaks to experimental Z-armor stats
* MOD: Spread Lasers assigned a new "Minimal" heat transfer level
* MOD: Allied Mechanics can only repair the same parts that Repair Stations can
* MOD: Drone Bay shrunk to 1 slot, integrity reduced, art updated
* MOD: Sensor Array scan data erased if it appears within FOV for fast-moving Cogminds, even between turns
* MOD: Partial spotting rules take into account effect of machine obstruction on sight range
* MOD: Upped animation speed for Lgt. Assault Rifles and all weapons that use a similar animation
* FIX: Non-ASCII character filter added to in-game manual for Beta 2 was also filtering out some legitimate special punctuation [zxc]
* FIX: Was possible to auto-extract resources from unidentified containers on the ground [zxc]
* FIX: Credits list contained some duplicate supporter names [zxc]
* FIX: A certain lab terminal was missing, making it impossible to acquire two pieces of tech lore [zxc, GJ]
* FIX: Imp Segregator attacks automatically destroyed Cogmind's top-listed power source instead of the Imp's [DDarkRay]
* FIX: Adding a subdirectory to the /user/ directory would crash game the first time it starts up each day (bug in automated backup system) [DDarkRay]
* FIX: Manifests terminal hack in some cases reported higher item counts than were actually being transported [Sherlockkat]
* FIX: Optional "-nonportable" switch added in Beta 2 didn't fully work [Gexgekko]
* FIX: Some Grunt analyses referenced old resistances [Amphouse]

Note that saves are not compatible with Beta 2.

Item stats accessed from gallery:

Faster assault rifle animations:

Activating... one of the new items :D

rumpel:
Glad you got the Steam tax stuff sorted out but still not being fully recovered sucks! Hope your health is improving though! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version