Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 09:35:23 AM 
Started by Mr Goldstein - Last post by R-26 Lightspeed
Given that it happens for me not just sometimes, but always, i think the problem has to lie with a difference between our computers/setups.
The possibilities i see are :

-The bug only happens on Linux, which would mean everyone who has experienced the bug played on Linux. That might easy to verify?

-The bug is due to something less specific than just playing on Linux, which would make it somewhat difficult to identify without asking a bunch of people to try to reproduce the bug.

-The bug is due to something that for some reason doesn't happen in a debug environment. If your tests included using a non-debug version of Cogmind (unlike in the GIF), then you already know the answer to that one.

-The bug is due to something that for some reason doesn't affect specifically your computer. For instance, maybe in the specific scenario of this bug, the game would try to get the stairs sprite from outside the game folder instead of the one already in the game folder¹. Then, upon failure, the game would default to using the stairs sprite instead.
In this scenario, the bug would not occur on your computer because the sprite the game tries to get does exist on your computer, but not on anyone else's.

¹Because of some error like using an absolute path instead of a relative one, for instance. Actually, i could try to verify that specific possibility myself... (even if this specific possibility makes a lot of assumptions about how the game works.)

on: Today at 09:17:21 AM 
Started by R-26 Lightspeed - Last post by R-26 Lightspeed
As visible in the attached screenshot, Compactors apparently don't attack Golems.
This one was capable of going as far as fully integrating a weapon before dying to corruption!
I'm guessing this a is bug with the faction system.

Good thing i (accidentally) found that out in my adventurer mode bug-seeking run, would've been annoying to try to drop a GOLEM Unit to distract Compactors with no effect in a more serious run.

on: Today at 12:57:27 AM 
Started by R-26 Lightspeed - Last post by Kyzrati
Ah, on closer examination, this wasn't the old issue which was fixed, it's just a case of circumstances causing the phasewall to get tuck in the open position (it's darker but you can see the different color of the tile there--that's the appearance of an "open" phasewall). In their open position you can fire through them, but they still won't let you move through that space unless you have Structural Interface. If another enemy passed through it would be detected again and close, but they don't otherwise close on their own if they managed to miss the closing trigger due to special circumstances. (This can happen with regular doors as well, but the more unique properties of phasewalls might make this stand out more, also being as rare as it is.)

on: Today at 12:21:01 AM 
Started by Mr Goldstein - Last post by Kyzrati
Found the exits you were referring to, but... weirdly it still doesn't happen for me. Did a bunch of tests using these files as a starting point, and follow the same steps, but it's all still working normally. Pretty inexplicable.

Fortunately it's minor, but I'd certainly like to know why. Doesn't seem like this is likely to be resolved, hm :/

on: April 30, 2024, 06:25:24 AM 
Added for Beta 14:
* NEW: Melee attacks made with any momentum benefiting from speed bonus while using overloaded propulsion can cause burnout as moving normally

on: April 29, 2024, 03:56:29 AM 
I mean, everything in the game happens because that's how it was coded, including bugs.
I know, I'm saying it's done that way intentionally.

on: April 29, 2024, 03:44:16 AM 
This isn't a bug, it's just how that particular event is coded.
I mean, everything in the game happens because that's how it was coded, including bugs.
I was more reporting the fact that it makes no sense using in-world logic, which is the defining characteristic of a lot of bugs. (It's also somewhat frustrating to figure out how that particular event works : Why would you assume it to be based on your own vision rather than the Sentry's?)

Disable at your own risk!
I'm not sure how i'd be disabling my Visual Processing Units with any risk, given that i usually know if there are other hostiles nearby, and that almost every time, i'll prefer missing a few shot against the sentry from not seeing it¹ rather than having tracking reinforcements sent after me.

(¹With traps or a good Sensor Array, i wouldn't even need to shoot in the dark.)

on: April 28, 2024, 05:48:17 AM 
This isn't a bug, it's just how that particular event is coded. Disable at your own risk!

You'll find a number of other events and situations that use a similar approach for various reasons.

on: April 28, 2024, 04:10:48 AM 
In order to request backup, outpost sentries of cave branches need to have made their pre-backup request statement.
In order to make that statement, they have to :
1 - Be tracking Cogmind.
2 - Do the same thing that NPCs like Exiles need to do when they want to tell you something, which is to say be within Cogmind's FOV.

This makes no sense whatsoever, as it means having a Visual Processing Unit-type utility can cause the sentry to request backup before it actually sees you (if you shoot it from afar, for example).
This also makes disabling visual range utilities a good idea (and makes Cloaking Devices useless for preventing backup) when attacking 0b10 outposts.

on: April 27, 2024, 04:33:37 AM 
Yes this is not referring to a specific part, and is not a bug xD

It's just referring to Makeshift parts in general, and in their opinion, as stated.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10