Cogmind > General Discussion

Experimental Keyboard Layouts and Command Rebinding

<< < (2/7) > >>

Pilcrow:
Oh, I forgot all about virtual keyboards! I don't actually use Windows (Cogmind works perfectly through Wine in GNU/Linux), but I've got my own virtual keyboard installed and I just checked -- it can also be configured for other layouts.  :D

DDarkray:
Just wanting to testify that the keyboard rebinding feature works really well for me! My F2 key (which toggles keyboard mode) doesn't work with my laptop, so I have to switch it with another key. After moving the keyboard mode to the 'P' key, I got it working! I'm pretty happy with the result. :)

Kyzrati:
Awesome! This is like... the first report of rebind use in the wild (aside from players I know are using the automatic keyboard layout rebinding, which is a somewhat different thing).

And yeah 'p' is a great key for anyone to replace with something they want to use frequently that may have a harder key combo, since the p key exists purely as an easy way to teach new players in the tutorial how parts need to be activated. Once the autoactivate feature is toggled, after that you never need it again :P

Now you can quickly switch between mouse and dedicated kb mode with ease like the rest of us :D

DDarkray:

--- Quote from: Kyzrati on September 28, 2017, 06:35:13 PM ---Now you can quickly switch between mouse and dedicated kb mode with ease like the rest of us :D

--- End quote ---

Gone with the habit of pressing Esc, 4, U, Esc just for the keyboard mode! You will not be missed. :P

Shadowfury333:

--- Quote from: Kyzrati on September 28, 2017, 06:35:13 PM ---Awesome! This is like... the first report of rebind use in the wild (aside from players I know are using the automatic keyboard layout rebinding, which is a somewhat different thing).
--- End quote ---

I suppose I should have posted my WASD stuff in this thread rather than its own, but meh.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version