Cogmind > Stories

Guided Missile Mishap

(1/1)

Kyzrati:
(So this particular board has been quiet for a while, though during these time there have been many a short story exchanged over Discord, so I thought I'd drop one here from today's chat)

Spoiler: text content, but image is easier to follow (click to show/hide)zxc: oh I had this absolutely stupid moment
zxc: I was fabricating to the limit
zxc: programmers and combat progs chasing me all over the map
zxc: flying in circles while waiting for stuff to fab
zxc: then I sense a group of grunts around the corner
zxc: near my newly fabricated lrn sensors
zxc: I decided that that was the moment to try out guided missiles
zxc: that was wicked cool
zxc: the launcher was a little weak though, and didn't kill them all
Kyzrati: So far that sounds cool rather than stupid
Kyzrati: What did you do next? :stuck_out_tongue:
zxc: and then I realised I destroyed my LRN sensors on the floor :stuck_out_tongue:
Kyzrati: Oh HAHAHAA'
zxc: I ragequit that game shortly after
zxc: first time I ragequit a cogmind game :stuck_out_tongue:
Kyzrati: So funny...
zxc: and then when flying to the exit after throwing my arms up in exasperation, I get caught in a stasis trap
zxc: with all these baddies killing me
zxc: I get out and immediately into another
zxc: that's when I quit
Kyzrati: That's when you should've just shot yourself with the launcher :wink:
zxc: oh I didn't have it by that point
zxc: or I would've

zxc:
 :'(

I am wondering if guided missiles targeting enemies out of LOS still aggro them or if they just sit there and take it. It's strange that I have never experimented with them before, but I guess they are somewhat rare, matter is costly, and you can usually avoid those enemies with flight.

Amphouse:
I "tested" this using a guided EMP blaster during the start of my recent melee run. EM launchers cost less matter and have positive salvage, so you don't run out of matter and can spam it around corners like that if you have sensors. I'm pretty sure it does in fact aggro them, though, just judging from that experience. Also, they are really good at killing operators for the data cores.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version