Cogmind > Stories

Built an army

<< < (2/2)

Kyzrati:
My personal take is that micromanagement is too difficult since combat AIs are mostly autonomous once they engage.

They're probably best used for targeted strikes against some hardened target, to defend against or ambush a known incoming assault force, or as decoys while you do something else. That said, I'm sure you guys will get creative and figure out other interesting tactics.

Allies will also be more powerful and more plentiful in the future.

ironpotato:

--- Quote from: Kyzrati on May 29, 2015, 08:56:49 AM ---My personal take is that micromanagement is too difficult since combat AIs are mostly autonomous once they engage.

They're probably best used for targeted strikes against some hardened target, to defend against or ambush a known incoming assault force, or as decoys while you do something else. That said, I'm sure you guys will get creative and figure out other interesting tactics.

Allies will also be more powerful and more plentiful in the future.

--- End quote ---
Yeah, I had this problem with my Slayers earlier. They engaged an enemy, destroyed it's weapons then took off after it and I lost them. Then ended up running into the largest group of enemies I've ever seen in my life. I took some out then died immediately. Naked and alone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version