Cogmind > Stories

Built an army

(1/2) > >>

jimmijamjams:
I've finally gotten the fabricators to work for me and built myself an army!

You'll need the schematic for Pest 3b and a total of 120 matter held in Matter Storage Units (it's ok if the matter is held over multiple units).  That will build four Pests who are ready to serve in 100 turns!

jimmijamjams:
Our first battle!

And then there was one...

And then there were none :(

biomatter:
Heh, that's about as useful as I'd think Swarmers would be. If you want to fab allies, I imagine the only way to make it useful is to hack Terminals for schematics on late-game robots, like Hunters and Programmers. A swarm of Pests or even Plagues probably isn't going to help much because of their fragility.

fonetikli:
I managed to fabricate 3 x rogues in my last game which I thought was pretty sweet until they Leeroy Jenkins'd their way into a hallway full of soldiers and got melted.  Sure, they went down swinging, but the time + matter cost of fabrication was definitely not worth the few melee strikes they managed to land!!!  :)

jimmijamjams:
I wonder how feasible it is to micro-manage them.  I just let them fend for themselves, but with a little dedication they could be quite powerful (especially the Rogues). I'll have to look into it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version