Cogmind > General Discussion

I want revenge!

(1/3) > >>

R-26 Lightspeed:
Literally two turns away from victory without ever attaching propulsion. See the attached scoresheet for more info.
I want revenge on whatever the thing that made the access shell not open is. Could any kind, revenge-enabling soul please tell me what or who my target is? Had said soon-to-be scrap pile not stopped the access shell from opening, i would have won with 2hp left.

Valguris:
The access shell opens when you enter from the other side. Or at least it used to. It used to open when you enter any tile where the sealed door was. I do recall it not working in some version, so I'm not sure what the current trigger is.

Kyzrati:
So close! You have to go through the other side via hacking the terminal for it to enable the shell retraction mechanism (which triggers as you walk from the terminal to the shell), otherwise you'll need to smash it open yourself or draw fire and get other bots to rip it open for you as they miss...

Getting revenge here would require bringing hackware next time and heading around to the other side ;)

Going through the heavily-guarded side on a propulsion-free core is pretty damn brave though. The knockback over there is killer!

R-26 Lightspeed:

--- Quote from: Kyzrati on November 17, 2021, 05:58:04 PM ---So close! You have to go through the other side via hacking the terminal for it to enable the shell retraction mechanism (which triggers as you walk from the terminal to the shell),
--- End quote ---
Was this changed in some "recent" version? I'm pretty sure it opened from the other side for me before.

--- Quote from: Kyzrati on November 17, 2021, 05:58:04 PM ---Getting revenge here would require bringing hackware next time and heading around to the other side ;)

--- End quote ---
Actually, after reading the reason for why it didn't open, i'm not sure the terminal is technically the actual culprit here. I think i'll destroy the behemoths as my revenge(at least the one that's on the right when facing the barrier), because they killed me despite the fact that i never killed them.(at least i don't think i ever did)

--- Quote from: Kyzrati on November 17, 2021, 05:58:04 PM ---Going through the heavily-guarded side on a propulsion-free core is pretty damn brave though. The knockback over there is killer!

--- End quote ---
I had to do it twice, actually! because the first time they destroyed both my enhanced nova cannon and my advanced particle charger, i had to teleport out to try again later with just one layer left!

Kyzrati:

--- Quote from: R-26 Lightspeed on November 18, 2021, 09:52:17 AM ---Was this changed in some "recent" version? I'm pretty sure it opened from the other side for me before.
--- End quote ---
No change.

--- Quote from: R-26 Lightspeed on November 18, 2021, 09:52:17 AM ---I had to do it twice, actually! because the first time they destroyed both my enhanced nova cannon and my advanced particle charger, i had to teleport out to try again later with just one layer left!

--- End quote ---
Yeah the number of layers there, with both Behemoths handing around there, can be quite a problem sometimes--often gets down to the wire :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version