REXPaint > Everything REXPaint

Is there a way to crop drawings?

(1/1)

newcarrots:
I'm drawing some stuff for a roguelike, and I like to draw away from the borders, but I'm not really drawing large images, and I was wondering if there is some way to crop drawings? Thank you!

Kyzrati:
Hi newcarrots, welcome! There is no explicit crop tool, but you can achieve the same result via other means. A couple possibilities:

1. Copy the desired area to a separate target image of the correct size (being sure to use multi-layer copy-paste if you have more than one layer).

2. Shift the entire image contents towards the top-left corner as far as you need to (to remove the left/top borders) then do an image resize to reduce the height/width to your desired dimensions. Simultaneously shifting all layers is handled by Shift-Arrow or Shift-Numpad, and of course you can always undo anything as normal if you make a mistake during the process.

In general while REXPaint doesn't necessarily have a massive array of explicit tools, there are often methods of doing things with some creativity and a combination of various features that do exist, especially if you look down the full list of special keyboard commands in the manual.

Hope that helps!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version