Cogmind > Competitions

Weekly Seed #32 [Alpha 6] [Seed: Speedy Style]

<< < (2/3) > >>

Kyzrati:
Sorry about that, Enno :(. I'm going to drop the armor on that thing a bit.
I was a bit surprised myself when I went back to look at that value recently, because my original intention with that that was for it to be mostly cosmetic, since the real challenges are everything before that, and they are tackleable through multiple means.

As is that thing's a little unfair to pure hackers. Sure once you know about it you can prepare to deal with it in advance, but that's not the right kind of experience we want there! Making it easier to penetrate would lose the possibility to repeat some of the cool stories I've heard surrounding it, but if it's frustrating that's no good.

Sherlockkat:
I think it would make sense to automatically "open" the casing if the blast doors were opened by any means. Hacking/speed builds don't have to carry weapons then. On the other hand, pure combat builds will have to demonstrate their firepower till the end to exit if they plan to tear down the front walls.

zxc:

--- Quote from: Sherlockkat on March 24, 2016, 09:01:33 AM ---I think it would make sense to automatically "open" the casing if the blast doors were opened by any means. Hacking/speed builds don't have to carry weapons then. On the other hand, pure combat builds will have to demonstrate their firepower till the end to exit if they plan to tear down the front walls.

--- End quote ---

Agree with this!

Kyzrati:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)That's an interesting alternative approach. Technically most players will be carrying some kind of armament, and the idea is that even if unarmed, it's nice if the enemy will open it for you with stray shots, which will be easier once it has lower armor.

I'd probably do your idea if that could be modeled more directly within the current system, but it would require a bunch of hardcoding :/. We'll see how things turn out when I drop its armor by 15% to within the capabilities of almost every gun used by the enemy at that point, and almost anything you'd be carrying (except lower-tier EM weapons).

And of course while I'm typing my reply zxc chimes in :P

Okay okay, I'll look into it more closely.

Kyzrati:
Okay I thought of a way to do that :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version