Grid Sage Forums

• May 01, 2024, 06:21:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Another run to level -1  (Read 2163 times)

jimmijamjams

• Cyborg
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Another run to level -1
« on: July 25, 2015, 01:38:57 AM »

THIS IS THE RUN FOR THIS WEEK!  DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU ARE INTENDING TO PARTICIPATE IN THE WEEKLY SEED #2

This is posted on Weekly Seed #2, but I thought I would post the story here for people who might miss it.

As always, there are some spoilers in regards to enemy types, but I've kept most of the weapon stats out of the post.

Here's the run-down:

Level -10:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Level -9:

Level -8:

Level -7:

Level -6:

Level -5:

Level -4:

Level -3:

Level -2:

Level -1:

EDIT:  I miss-posted the run I was participating in  :-[  Sorry to anyone who read this before having a chance to have a shot at the weekly seed...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 07:48:24 AM by jimmijamjams »

zxc

• Cogmind
  • 1st place in the Best Escapes category during Alpha Challenge 2015 1st place in the High Scores category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Kyzrati Patron Bug Hunter Achievement leader in at least one category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Wiki Contributor Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Another run to level -1
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 02:11:08 AM »

Wow, you looked seriously strong by the end there. This just might tempt me into trying more combat-heavy builds. It's also nice to see complete comebacks so late in the game.

jimmijamjams

• Cyborg
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Another run to level -1
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 03:42:13 AM »

Wow, you looked seriously strong by the end there. This just might tempt me into trying more combat-heavy builds. It's also nice to see complete comebacks so late in the game.

The comebacks were a bit of luck along with some positioning.  I followed some advice you mentioned in another thread and looked out for secret doors in the early rooms.  It really helped me sneak around and scavenge for gear without being too vulnerable.  Also, with this new build I'm really noticing my Security Threat not being as large an issue and never had the problem of there being a squad waiting around the first corner.

The main thing I noticed was that I never stuck with one particular build.  I was always attempting to build up to a stealth/speed kit, but it never quite came together.  That said, it was fun to work with multiple styles of play through the levels and often starting from scratch forced me to do that.  With the kit I had for the last Behemoth I was able to take it down with only two or three volleys and I was seriously tanky afterwards.  If only my weapons didn't rely on so much matter, I think I could have made it to the end :P