Grid Sage Forums

• May 02, 2024, 07:21:21 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Friends are like Candies. Short, but Sweet.  (Read 1326 times)

Supernovadx

• Derelict
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
Friends are like Candies. Short, but Sweet.
« on: June 10, 2015, 05:18:16 PM »

A little bit of introduction: I'm fairly new. I think I've had like 10 - 15 runs so far and I've made it to about level 3 or 4. I've never come across an ally until this moment.

What started off as a fairly normal run turned into a dangerous one very quickly. I had worked my way around the first level silently and efficiently and made my way to a terminal. I hacked the terminal to find that I only had a Mine entrance nearby. I was not particularly happy with that, so I decided to look around for more exits. I found none but scouts on patrol and technicians ready to shut down their terminals. This caused a bit more mayhem then I might have hoped, and with my patients running thin I decided to take the mine exit.

Upon loading up the mine I was greeted with three close rage mercenaries, and two troopers. At this point I was about to go onto the forums and be like (WHY YOU GOTTA DO DIS!). But I decided to stick with the game and make my way to a defensible position. While beginning to flee I turned back to check on my enemies to discover a stranger derelict had emerged from the shadows.
"Quick, help me dispose of these!" he said.
I turned around and helped him finish off the pursuers.
We finished them off and I was happy as ever. Finally an ally someone who I could trust in this godforsaken game.
"I will help you out of here," he said.
Excited, I began to move toward the only pathway available to us. Only to fall into the hands of the troopers waiting on the other side.
I was cocky we had taken out the robots before, we could do it again. Or so I thought. Within one volley my robot companion was dead, and I was left to handle the mission myself. If a little bit saddened at that.
His last words were "Mission, incomplete."

-SupernovaDX