Cogmind > Strategies

What NOT to do, or: Learning from each other's mistakes

(1/2) > >>

biomatter:
Yo. I'm creating this thread as an outlet for everyone to share tips they've learned the hard way. I'm not picky, just throw shit down as you come across it :P

I'm starting:
Impact weapons are the melee-equivalent of rocket launchers. They are really good at damaging small parts on enemies, so I thought to myself, "Hey! I'll use this POWER MAUL to really show those Programmers a thing or two!" Got in a scrap with 6 Sages, came out on top minus a few power cores, but... There was no salvage. There was nothing but matter and two unusable reactors. I laughed. I cried. And then I died.

E.I.G.:
Don't continue hacking past 50% trace. It will most likely lock out the machine, and you might get a point of corruption.

One point of corruption is enough to make leaving the floor a priority as it could cause you to randomly drop your power core.
In the middle of a fight. When you have low energy so you can't just put a new one in.

jimmijamjams:
I could change this opinion in time, but in the last few runs I wished I had matter storage units... Oh the things I could have built... And I left them every time :(

biomatter:

--- Quote from: jimmijamjams on May 27, 2015, 04:35:19 AM ---I could change this opinion in time, but in the last few runs I wished I had matter storage units... Oh the things I could have built... And I left them every time :(

--- End quote ---
Yo dawg, pro tip: The Serfs in the Scrapyard carry Medium Matter Storage Units. Don't leave until you've got a full one in your inventory. I almost always carry it all the way through Materials, building if I have the opportunity. It loses its luster when you hit Factory though, because then you start getting really good items.

E.I.G.:

--- Quote from: biomatter on May 27, 2015, 04:43:45 AM ---
--- Quote from: jimmijamjams on May 27, 2015, 04:35:19 AM ---I could change this opinion in time, but in the last few runs I wished I had matter storage units... Oh the things I could have built... And I left them every time :(

--- End quote ---
Yo dawg, pro tip: The Serfs in the Scrapyard carry Medium Matter Storage Units. Don't leave until you've got a full one in your inventory. I almost always carry it all the way through Materials, building if I have the opportunity. It loses its luster when you hit Factory though, because then you start getting really good items.

--- End quote ---
I have seen those Serfs drop Small or Medium units, but at least the lower rating parts can be built with a small. The first pair appears on turn 100.

Also it is possible to run out of matter with full storage units in your inventory. So then you cannot attach the units to use the matter in them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version