Cogmind > Strategies

Benefits of Hacking

(1/2) > >>

Baltazar:
So I often plug myself into terminals when I come across them (as long as those fuckin' Operators don't get there first, of course) and I can see some benefits from the small amount of times I've been successful at hacking into the system. However, I don't quite grasp the major benefits of fitting a specialty hacking rig.

Is there anyone out there who has done a run-through devoted to being the Acid Burn of robuts? Care to share your experiences? I'd love to hear some pointers on what you can do, what to look out for, or what to focus on gear-wise.

I often see options of which I don't understand the import. Anyone have a breakdown on what repercussions all of the commands create? I imagine I'd get the picture pretty quick if I saw some text in the game log stating "Alert level has risen" or something, but I never can really tell if I need to reduce the alert level before I've spent five attempts checking the alert level (and what does it change anyway?).

~Balt~

biomatter:
On my stealth runs I always grab as many Hacking Suites as I can, because 'Access(Main)' is a god-tier command. It'll show you where all the stairs are! I don't care so much for Masks or Decoys, though. Access(Main) has a phenomenally low chance of success, so boosting that is more important than not getting caught, which is naturally high. Besides, failed hacks aren't important - there's always another Terminal just around the bend ;)

Baltazar:
Does failing a hack horribly bring robuts down upon you? Sometimes it seems like when I get traced at enough terminals death soon follows.

~Balt~

biomatter:
There are a variety of penalties for failing a hack - the most annoying of which is gaining +1% corruption! So like, uh, don't fail. I always (try to) stop before it locks me out. I don't know what other penalties there are, but presumably 'summon enemies to terminal location' is one of them. I wouldn't know - I jet around at supersonic speeds with sensors for miles, so I'm never hanging around to find out ;)

Baltazar:
I would love to pick your brain concerning any compiled list of manual hack commands you've accumulated. Any info?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version