Cogmind > Strategies

Play Style

(1/2) > >>

WeberO:
How will you COGMINDs be approaching your adventures?

brevous:
I've tried a heft handful of both run-n-gun and stealth. I'm not too good at stealth yet, but it's really quite fun when I get a couple good utilities and a good prop system going. I always mess up though. One of my most fun runs was when I found a cache of drone utility units, and (I don't know if this was a bug) I could equip one, then un-equip it, then equip the next one, and each time I did this I would get two drones. I ended up romping through a couple levels with about a dozen drones in tow. I really look forward to getting to the part of the game more frequently when cool modules like this are more frequent.

As far as running and gunning, one of my best runs used a couple targeting modules and some fancy laser cannon things I can't remember the names of. I was one or two shotting most everything until I finally got swarmed really bad.

What about you, OP?

WeberO:
I've only put about 20 minutes into the same so far, just got about 30 minutes ago, still on my first run. But so far I'm really liking playing it like a tactical shooter. I just found my first terminal to hack, after getting swarmed by mercenaries because I couldn't dispatch the scout in time. This game just has so much that I haven't even skimmed through yet. I will get back to you when I have more time logged. Thanks for reply!

Draxis:
I always try to play stealthy, but haven't managed to get very far with it more than once - I always seem to get in a fight I can't avoid and draw all sorts of attention, and then be forced to go shooty.

ThKaspar:
It might not seem like the most sophisticated strategy but while I also play stealthy (I think there is not really an option to play Cogmind fully non-stealthy) I try to find as many explosive weapons as I can, as fast as I can.
After that I sneak around as long as I can and If someone spots me I start blowing everything up until he's gone. :D

Blunt but fun, sadly I didn't help me to get further than the third level.  :(

Also I don't recommend relying strongly on miner weapons that allow you to dig through the walls - It will get you killed quickly on further levels.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version