Cogmind > Strategies

Early Game Strategy?

<< < (2/2)

mindreader:

--- Quote from: Decker on September 15, 2016, 03:05:32 PM ---Being detected/traced during hacking does not affect the alert level. Being traced causes a dispatch, and killing it will raise the alert level.

--- End quote ---
I came to the conclusion it did after having a lot of games end where I played fast and loose with hacking.  I would hack until I was almost but not quite traced many times in a row, and then die within a floor due to unexpectedly heavy turnout.  If I'm wrong about this, that's great!  That will be a big help to me.

--- Quote from: Decker on September 15, 2016, 03:05:32 PM ---Destroying machinery doesn't have a huge incidence on the alert level (15 influence per machine), with the exceptions of some machines like garrisons.

--- End quote ---
I've found destroying reactors in an attempt to kill robots causes the alert level to go crazy, but that could very well be because I'm taking out workers as well.  I guess I extrapolated that to other structures.

--- Quote from: Decker on September 15, 2016, 03:05:32 PM ---I think it's best to hunt haulers whenever you can, and it's OK to kill any neutrals that get in your way (such as recyclers). Just be careful when you're near a garrison.

--- End quote ---
Yeah maybe I was a little restrictive on haulers.  But I still don't bother with them when I have a reasonable loadout.  There could be a patrol on the other side of the wall that will immediately be alerted.

Kyzrati:

--- Quote from: mindreader on September 15, 2016, 11:15:09 AM ---While decker's tips are effective, the mass storage unit inventory micromanagement technique is not fun.

--- End quote ---
I imagine this situation has been significantly improved with the release of Alpha 11's item swap assist feature :). And it's a pretty effective strategy if you can keep a large inventory full, probably one of the "safer" ways to play aside from a proper stealth setup (but the latter isn't viable right from the start--have to work your way into it).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version