Cogmind > Strategies

Alpha 11 combat strategy

<< < (5/5)

Kyzrati:
So one of the things mentioned in this guide is the importance of the integrity-coverage ratio. This is definitely important, which is why I like to keep an eye on the relative coverage visualization for the parts list ('c') combined with the color of each item's integrity indicator. However, to make it more explicit for newer players (and who knows, maybe some of you will prefer looking at it this way?), I've added vulnerability as a new visualization mode (press 'c' twice). I implemented it as coverage/integrity so that bars grow with decreasing integrity--i.e. greater vulnerability, and you can see how it compares with its component values here (highlighting some outliers):

This feature was first requested a long time ago by Sylverone, and I've been holding off on it since way back then I wasn't sure what modes would be important to have in the final game (and sure enough several more were added between then and now), while we only have room for eight in total. So the limit has been reached (I could find ways if it were really important to have more, but we're already stretching here :P).

zxc:
Neat!

mindreader:
That's really great.  I would not have guessed that the plating is in as much danger of falling off as the leg.  That will help me prioritize a lot better than I do now.

Happylisk:
Even with the armor buffs, armor still gets chewed through like candy.  This isn't surprising info but it's certainly helpful for new players to visualize how impermanent armor is in this game. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version