Cogmind > General Discussion

Should there be a corruption threshold before data loss occurs?

<< < (2/5) > >>

DDarkray:
The Data Loss message is a very vague term, and the only way I can clearly see its effect is from seeing "Unknown" parts lying on the floor. However, losing intels is very difficult for me to notice, which is why I never knew it could do that.

One suggestion I have is to make the Data Loss info more transparent. I think it would be great if the log message could specify what kind of data I'm losing.

zxc:
Yep, however if it simply said 'item data lost' without specifying the item, that would be appropriate. It's kind of interesting not knowing what item you lost intel for.

Happylisk: discord when??!

DDarkray:

--- Quote from: zxc on December 01, 2017, 10:17:44 AM ---Yep, however if it simply said 'item data lost' without specifying the item, that would be appropriate. It's kind of interesting not knowing what item you lost intel for.
--- End quote ---

I agree. I was thinking somewhere along the lines of:
System Corrupted: 10 Item Data Loss
System Corrupted: 1 Testing Exit Data Loss
System Corrupted: 2 Terminal Indexes Data Loss

Happylisk:
Another random thought: if you have to have intel data loss in the game, you could add a function to system restoration modules giving a slight chance to restore loss data per turn. 

Valguris:
System Restoration Modules are good enough already, but changing the effects of System Guards (12% chance to ignore a corruption effect) or adding new utilities that help us deal with corruption would be nice. Restoring lost intel is one idea. I thought about reducing effective corruption, i.e. item that reduces effective corruption by 5% would make 6% corruption be only as harmful as 1%, while any corruption of 5% or lower be harmless... as long as you spend a utility slot for it.

I, too, did not realise that 'data loss' can mean something other than parts ID loss.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version