Cogmind > General Discussion

Should there be a corruption threshold before data loss occurs?

<< < (5/5)

DDarkray:

--- Quote from: Kyzrati on December 05, 2017, 05:47:31 PM ---Although corruption is meant to be another kind of clock, I don't think I'd want to escalate the effects to a true serious problem at the higher amounts as Valguris suggests. It would maybe put a bit too much emphasis on avoiding and clearing corruption? (If that were desirable, an alternative simpler approach would be to increase the amount of corruption you take from various sources like EM damage, so that the 100% corruption threshold would be that much more scary. Right now it rarely kills anyone.)

--- End quote ---

I guess you can double the rate of receiving corruption for Cogmind, and then halve the chance of the corruption effects to occur to compensate. How often do you see players with 50% corruption anyway?

Kyzrati:
It could be scaled up but I think that would end up overemphasizing the meta of corruption mitigation, which would also disproportionately affect combat over flight. As is it's something that sometimes throws little wrenches into plans and forces players to react, but isn't usually outright deadly.

In any case, the next release does make some changes to corruption, including a minimum threshold for a number of effects (most notably misfires).

Happylisk:
That'll be a very handy change for dealing with certain branches!

Will there be an ingame way to see what those thresholds are?  Or will the manual note which effects have thresholds the point at which the effect is possible?

Kyzrati:
I haven't added that yet, no, although I did/am considering it. Kinda sucks, to be honest, because in the interest of transparency I should make all the numbers known, but ugh, more numbers... Under the earlier rules this wasn't a thing.

Also, it'd probably have to be in the manual, where then I'd have to explicitly list all corruption effects...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version