Cogmind > Support

Any luck with Wine on OSX? [SOLUTIONS INSIDE]

<< < (13/13)

Kyzrati:
Yeah this'll be something that other Mac users will have to help with since I don't have/use one (this is part of why there's no official non-Windows version since I can't personally offer the same personal system support and suggestions that I can on Windows :/).

Since it's an issue with your specific OSX/Wine setup rather than a bug in the game. I'll move it to the Support board thread where all the OSX solutions/walkthroughs are (not sure if you've checked that thread yet, but in any case it's where someone might be able to help--I'll ask other Mac users what they think, as we have several on the Discord server).

Kyzrati:
Warning to macOS users: The latest version from Apple, Catalina/10.15, is incompatible with Cogmind, so the only option to play Cogmind or other 32-bit games (or other games through Wine) is to not upgrade, or dual boot, as suggested by Valve.

I've written more about my stance on macOS here on the blog. Apple's moves and general behavior in recent years have killed any chance of releasing a click-to-play version on that platform.

Kyzrati:
Additional update on the Catalina situation: the official Crossover 19 release reportedly runs Cogmind on Catalina just fine, even though it's 32-bit on a 64-bit system :)

Kyzrati:
Update for M1 users: See this thread for how to get it running fine there, courtesy of Luigi.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version