REXPaint > Everything REXPaint

Multi layer copy/cut/paste [2.0 backlog]

(1/3) > >>

gumix:
The idea comes from the fact I'm in quite often need of rearranging multi layer sprites in my sprite sheets.
In example it could work by specifying a stack depth integer parameter, counting from active layer up (default 1).

Kyzrati:
Yeah I've certainly needed this type of feature myself, too, since I work with a lot of multilayered images. I guess the main problem here is interface-related.

I think it'd probably work better counting down rather than up, since if you're copy-pasting the preview will want to prioritize the top layer. I'm not sure how feasible it is for the architecture, but it's certainly worth looking into!

gumix:
Yes, you're right, counting down would be better.
Also as mouse clicks in UI are currently insensitive to shift key, you could use that to set copy/paste range of layers from active layer to shift+clicked one. Even if such state is not visualized in the UI I'd pray for such addon in 1.5 patch. ;)

Kyzrati:
Heh, no need to wait for 1.5, I've already added this feature ;)

It's done and tested, I just need to finish adding the instructions to the manual, then create some kind of demo GIF to go with the patch (and build the actual patch for release, of course :P).

Took me all afternoon to finish, but worth it. Half that time was spent getting it to be compatible with the preview system, which was never meant to work with more than one layer at a time so it took a lot of consideration to figure out how best to include this so that you could see the results dynamically.

Will be out soonish, although it's already late tonight so I don't really have time to do the rest of the work now...

gumix:
Wait, what? You are tireless, this is going to save me from hours of not so fun work.
Thank you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version