Cogmind > Support

Running on Linux with Wine seems to work fine [SOLUTIONS INSIDE]

(1/8) > >>

simendsjo:
A positive message for non-Windows users: The game seems to run just fine in Wine. Haven't experienced any problems so far.

It's way too soon to know if the game runs flawless, but at least it's playable thus far.

Kyzrati:
Thanks for the notice!

I've indicated in a few places that this is the case, but it's obviously more meaningful coming from real players ;). I can confirm (from anecdotal evidence) that it will run flawlessly. There is a good number of Linux players running via Wine, they just haven't been talking about it here like the Mac players were over in the support forums.

ukulele:
Agree, thanks for the heads-up. I've not bought Cogmind yet:-

1. kickstarter experiences have put me off early payments
2. End of month
3. Linux and requiring Wine (yet another kink)

But I think I will probably bite the bullet on this one and get cogmind relatively soon. Just looks and seems to play very well already. And the dev blogs are really insightful.

What's handy is a "Journal: Cogmind on Linux with Wine..."

1. Bought and extracted file to directory
2. Ran Wine
3. Did x to run Cogmind
4. Played and no problems for x hrs ; doing y runs etc

Reiver:
... oh, yeah. I've been using the PlayOnLinux wine wrapper for Cogmind exclusively. I should probably have pointed that out at some point. ;)

The main problems I've had are WINE itself, which sucks at, eg, tabbing between windows. Cogmind has been behaving nicely, though. :)

simendsjo:

--- Quote from: ukulele on July 09, 2015, 02:26:29 PM ---(...)
What's handy is a "Journal: Cogmind on Linux with Wine..."

1. Bought and extracted file to directory
2. Ran Wine
3. Did x to run Cogmind
4. Played and no problems for x hrs ; doing y runs etc

--- End quote ---

Some simple scripts should fix this just fine. See the attached scripts which downloads/installs and runs through wine. Add your order id to install.sh, run it, then use run.sh to start the game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version