Cogmind > Bugs

[Beta 11.1] Detected trap originally didn't appear on the map

(1/2) > >>

R-26 Lightspeed:
I first detected the trap on which the cursor is located the second time i entered the room (didn't go farther than the door space, i think i waited there a bit for garrison activation to end).
Later, while waiting for the investigation squad to leave after i explored the top path and jammed the garrison, i noticed that specific trap didn't appear on the map.
Upon entering the room, i could see it again without having to re-discover it, and it stayed there afterwards.
I don't think i have any other information that could be relevant (i did use a layout(zone) hack on the terminal above, but it didn't reach that far, as can be seen from the green tiles above the garrison).

Kyzrati:
Yeah this is possible sometimes, it's been reported by one other player before, not updating your map memory in time with trap info despite having a quick visual confirmation, but for performance reasons, since to my knowledge this is a very rare issue I don't think anything will be done about it.

R-26 Lightspeed:
I see.

--- Quote from: Kyzrati on May 06, 2022, 04:32:14 PM ---since to my knowledge this is a very rare issue

--- End quote ---
Funnily enough, i've actually had it happen again, in the same run. This time i actually saw it happen. Possibly related, my framerate was somewhat low at the time, after i explored the majority of the floor. (Unrelated(?) but i don't understand why, only in some maps instances, the framerate drops at about 30 fps when moving the mouse around regardless of whether i'm in Caves or a major floor map like Factory. I'd expect the bigger map to have more trouble, but somehow they both dip about just as low.)

Kyzrati:
It wouldn't be related to map size, all that matters in a lot of cases is how much stuff is displayed on the screen, and basically any map is going to be larger than your view can even show at once.

R-26 Lightspeed:

--- Quote from: Kyzrati on May 10, 2022, 06:03:08 AM ---all that matters in a lot of cases is how much stuff is displayed on the screen, and basically any map is going to be larger than your view can even show at once.

--- End quote ---
Unless i misunderstood, it's a graphical issue of all things? That's very surprising.
I was thinking it was maybe related to terrain scanning, and apparently it probably is, but not because of the reasons i thought it might be?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version