Cogmind > Strategies

Slow and steady: tips and tricks to successful runs [Videos]

(1/10) > >>

jimmijamjams:
I'm noticing from posts here and on reddit that people are struggling to make it through the early-game.  I've decided to start recording my runs and methodically explain my thinking in the hopes that it might make getting into the game a little easier.

Just a few points:

* I'm by no means an expert (the game has only been out a week!), but I've spent a lot of time with the 7DRL and I usually get to about level -5 in the Alpha
* Don't expect a fast game.  I will take my time to explain my thinking
* I'm still new to the game too!  If you have some pointers feel free to state them here and I'll try to cover them in the videos
* If you have any queries feel free to post below or PM me
Run 1

* Cogmind [Alpha 1] | Run 1 | Ep 1 | The Cogmind Has Arrived!
* Cogmind [Alpha 1] | Run 1 | Ep 2 | Kill All Haulers!
* Cogmind [Alpha 1] | Run 1 | Ep 3 | Shoot Recyclers On Sight!
* Run 2

* Run 4

* Cogmind [Alpha 4b] | Run 4 | Ep 2 | Fabrication
* Cogmind [Alpha 4b] | Run 4 | Ep 3 | Lrg. Matter Storage Unit
* Cogmind [Alpha 4b] | Run 4 | Ep 4 | Swing Of Things

jimmijamjams:
Episode 3 is up!

Cogmind [Alpha 1] | Run 1 | Ep 3 | Shoot Recyclers On Sight!

In this Episode:

* We look at some more useful Options in the Menu
* Further explore the benefits of using cover appropriately
* Press "Q" to easily look at item ratings/stats
* Shoot more Recyclers!
* Quick look at the benefits of using Scanners

jimmijamjams:
Episode 4 is up!

In this episode:

* I find out Scanalyzers have stuff in them
* Drone bays are fun!
* You should open all crates when in Storage
* I die :(

Kyzrati:
Sorry for arriving late to change your title, you could've PM'ed me :P

I've been staying out of the Strategies board for a while since I was too busy to do "fun" stuff like read these. I like the way you've got a little guide for the contents of each. Hopefully this weekend I'll have an opportunity to check out the details since that first video! Although darn, I already see when the conclusion is coming :(

jimmijamjams:

--- Quote from: Kyzrati on May 29, 2015, 10:16:07 AM ---Sorry for arriving late to change your title, you could've PM'ed me :P

I've been staying out of the Strategies board for a while since I was too busy to do "fun" stuff like read these. I like the way you've got a little guide for the contents of each. Hopefully this weekend I'll have an opportunity to check out the details since that first video! Although darn, I already see when the conclusion is coming :(

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the title change, I knew you would see it eventually.

It's a very unfortunately short run and not a great example of getting to the mid-game :(

Ahh, the joy of daily recording. I might prerecord the next one, but I do like pace of recording daily.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version