Cogmind > Confirmed Bugs

[B12] Branch exit might use stair tile instead of door tile

(1/3) > >>

Mr Goldstein:
This seems to happen when killing enemies with a launcher outside sight range  .
Also i got another bug , when exiting waste and finding an already identified branch exit it will use the stair icon instead of the door icon altough iv only seen this happen to cave exits  never had a chance to see if its same for E exits .

Kyzrati Edit: Changed title to refer to second issue

Kyzrati:

--- Quote from: Mr Goldstein on May 15, 2023, 11:26:22 AM ---This seems to happen when killing enemies with a launcher outside sight range  .

--- End quote ---
This is normal behavior, since any enemy that is lost to your sensors of any kind will not update until a complete sensor update happens. The '?' indicates that whatever was there is no longer valid for some reason (usually because it was destroyed) but hasn't updated yet.

--- Quote from: Mr Goldstein on May 15, 2023, 11:26:22 AM ---Also i got another bug , when exiting waste and finding an already identified branch exit it will use the stair icon instead of the door icon altough iv only seen this happen to cave exits  never had a chance to see if its same for E exits .

--- End quote ---
Please use separate threads for separate unrelated issues, otherwise I can't organize them here! (That said, I'm pretty sure there's already a thread for this one because I've never been able to reliably repeat it.)

R-26 Lightspeed:

--- Quote from: Mr Goldstein on May 15, 2023, 11:26:22 AM ---Also i got another bug , when exiting waste and finding an already identified branch exit it will use the stair icon instead of the door icon altough iv only seen this happen to cave exits  never had a chance to see if its same for E exits .
--- End quote ---
Looking at your scoresheets in the online run database, I'm guessing you probably don't remember which runs and the exact levels in which you've had this happen, but if it were to happen again, i'd appreciate if you could think to make a scoresheet dump at the exact moment you witness this bug (or close enough) and share the scoresheet dump here (in its own thread, i mean).
I've been trying to collect more data about this bug to figure out its exact cause¹, so i'd be grateful for any extra data i can get.

¹I do actually have a pretty good theory, but there's a flaw in it. (my bug data and theory are in the attached file, if you're interested.)
(New bug data in newer post)
(i haven't played for a while, which is why i haven't been able to test my theory more thoroughly.)

--- Quote from: Kyzrati on May 15, 2023, 07:56:37 PM ---(That said, I'm pretty sure there's already a thread for this one because I've never been able to reliably repeat it.)

--- End quote ---
I think perhaps the one you recall is a Steam thread, since none was ever made here (or if there was, i can't find it).

Mr Goldstein:
Hope this helps

R-26 Lightspeed:
Thanks for the info (and the extra screenshot)!
After seeing that your run had identified branch exits before the intermap through Access(branch), i wondered if i wasn't mistaken for thinking my second encounter identified branches through a signal interpreter.
As it turns out, it was actually my fourth encounter which was mistaken (it identified branches through derelict logs, not through a hack).
It also turns out all encounters of this bug i know of had found and identified all branch exits before entering the intermap. I wonder if that's one of the bug's requirements?

(I've attached the updated bug data i have, just in case someone is interested.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version