Grid Sage Games
Based in Taipei, Taiwan
May 19, 2015 (Alpha Access); 1.0 TBA
|USD||$24.99+ (Alpha Access)|
Cogmind combines traditional roguelikes with an immersive terminal interface like no other. ASCII is expressive rather than a constraint in this game of sci-fi tactical combat and exploration. The year is 2243, and somewhere in the galaxy you awaken to rebuild yourself from the remains of your enemies across a living, breathing world ruled by robots. YOU ARE THE COGMIND.
Cogmind was born during the 2012 7-Day Roguelike Challenge, a game jam. There were some weeks of updates and fixes based on an enthusiastic player base--there was even a tournament--but then development ceased because it was only a "little side project." Then in mid-2013 Grid Sage Games needed a very promising concept for its first commercial game. The popularity of Cogmind 7DRL lingered on, a sign that it could serve as a prototype for a potentially successful game. After two years of pre-alpha development, Cogmind's first alpha version was launched on May 19, 2015. Cogmind continues to push the genre forward in many ways never seen before in a traditional roguelike (read--and see--more at www.gridsagegames.com/innovation.html).
- Build and modify a unique robot from parts found, or enemies defeated
- Dynamic character development without XP/grinding
- Procedurally generated world combined with hand-crafted content
- ASCII evolved: Most advanced terminal interface ever
- Thousands of particle effects and SFX
- Fully destructible environment
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Indie of the Year (Top 100, top 4 among roguelikes)" - IndieDB, December 2016
- "Top 33 Indie Games to Look for in 2016" - Destructoid, January 2016
- "Best Upcoming PC Games of 2016 (Roguelike Category)" - Rock, Paper, Shotgun, January 2016
- "Indie of the Year (Top 100, top 4 among roguelikes)" - IndieDB, December 2015
- "Best Upcoming PC Games of 2015 (Roguelike Category)" - Rock, Paper, Shotgun, January 2015
- "Indie of the Year (Top 100)" - IndieDB, December 2014
- "Cogmind is an impressive merging of old and new school game design."
- RPS, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "Cogmind is a wonderful thing, carefully and intelligently constructed, and with a gorgeous ASCII aesthetic."
- Adam Smith, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "Cogmind swaps the traditional fantasy setting of most turn-based adventurers in favour of science-fiction, and finds plenty of interesting features in the mix."
- Graham Smith, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "This proves graphics do not need to be state-of-the-art to inspire awe."
- Peter Schmitz, Unity3D Business Analyst
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
- REQUEST PRESS COPY -
Press can request a copy of Cogmind by emailing email@example.com from their official email address. At this time only a portion of requests are being granted while the game is still in alpha development, though all requests will be added to the future mailing list for press copies some time before full release .
About Grid Sage Games
Grid Sage Games is a one-man independent game studio based in Taiwan and operated by Josh "Kyzrati" Ge, specializing in traditional roguelikes and tactical games.
More information on Grid Sage Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Programming, Design, ASCII Art, Sound Design
Trailer Score, Freelancer