Cogmind > Ideas

Ranged impact damage

(1/1)

Joshua:
It's possible this already exists (though I don't recall seeing it), but the idea is a weapon (probably a launcher) that deals Impact damage at a distance. Maybe a Concussion Bomb Launcher or Shockwave Bomb Launcher?

This is inspired by the thought that Hunters are more dangerous now that their Core Analyzers work for them and not against them, and it might be interesting to be able to ignore coverage to be able to destroy their (and other enemies) processors to soften them up.

Kyzrati:
I've certainly had some potential ranged Impact ideas in mind for the future, but this isn't just ranged, you're talking AOE!

Technically Hunters don't have much in the way of good coverage anyway--their core is fairly exposed, it's more the fact that they're hard to hit in the first place. So yeah an Impact AOE weapon can overcome that, but so can any AOE weapon, really. That's why explosives are so effective against them--in the face of explosives they're not really any better than your average Grunt!

Still, I like the theory of it. Concussion Bomb Launcher sounds like fun. Of course I wonder how much that would tread on EM AOE's territory, since if this thing is good enough it could technically start corrupting whole squads to death pretty quickly!

Joshua:
It could double as a nasty trap, too, since normally you can only get impact damaged from cave-ins or melee attackers.

And, misses or misfires due to corruption would be doubly dangerous since you're much more likely to lose valuable processors and/or storage. It might serve as a motivator to use Launcher Guidance Computers.

Kyzrati:
Ooh, not directly related but your comment gives me a good idea for boosting the usefulness of guidance computers, which I think might be underused: They could block misfires of launchers in particular.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version