Cogmind > General Discussion

Alert lvl getting too high too fast using launchers?

(1/2) > >>

LuckyLuckLuc:
Since the recent update, I've notice that the alert level is going up crazy fast from using launchers. After just 3-4 battles using a launcher, i'm already getting assaults sent to me at -9. It was hard enough before due to the engineers getting in the way and having tons of investigations coming your way, but i'm not sure i'm liking the new change to add alert lvl to damaging walls for launchers. Using launchers seems way to penalizing now because of how much attention it attracts and might as well not bother except for the occasional swarmers.

zxc:
Well launchers are basically the 'nuclear option' for dealing with threats. Being the most powerful weaponry in the game, it makes sense that they cause the most alert.

Alert level 1 is enough to get assaults called on you occasionally.

Kyzrati:
Assaults in early floors was perfectly possible already, since it really doesn't require that much alert to get them called down on you, but this could also be a factor of whether or not you destroy explosive machines as well, since those also indirectly fall under the umbrella of the changes.

I used launchers a fair bit in my latest stream (and blew up lots of machines) and ended up getting into high-sec, which I've never done before...

I was going to leave launchers as they were, but during Beta 3 zxc emphasized the lack of consistency with the effect of other non-AOE weapons destroying terrain.

Because I think it's probably a bit excessive now, rather than tweaking explosive results in particular, I could simply lower the overall value of wall/door destruction with regards to alert. This would maintain consistency and reduce alert spiking, while technically reducing the consequences of non-explosive wall destruction even further than what it was before.

Happylisk:

--- Quote from: Kyzrati on November 14, 2017, 12:28:58 AM ---Because I think it's probably a bit excessive now, rather than tweaking explosive results in particular, I could simply lower the overall value of wall/door destruction with regards to alert. This would maintain consistency and reduce alert spiking, while technically reducing the consequences of non-explosive wall destruction even further than what it was before.

--- End quote ---

As someone who bristles with cannons, I wholeheartedly endorse this change

zxc:
That might be all right. However, I would suggest an effect on alert which depends on the current depth. At endgame, the walls can be worth more alert. I think this is fair because the game is meant to be harder as you get further up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version