Grid Sage Forums

• March 29, 2024, 09:37:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Emitted hypermatrix ping freeze  (Read 742 times)

dak

• Unaware
    • View Profile
Emitted hypermatrix ping freeze
« on: November 12, 2017, 09:53:16 PM »

Hi,
while playing Section 7 map, depth -2, after the log message "Emitted hypermatrix ping" short sound played and the game froze. The crash.log is attached.

8)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Emitted hypermatrix ping freeze
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 10:04:35 PM »

Hey dak, thanks for the report. I've found the spot in the code where this happens, and it seems this was caused very specifically by where you were standing and the layout of the area, such that a spawn failed because there wasn't enough room. Strange! (and quite rare, so no wonder we haven't heard of this one yet...) But I should be able to repeat it and get this fixed, thanks.

(I'm not sure how much you know about CR so I don't want to spoil it with more info :P)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

dak

• Unaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 10:57:46 PM »

You're totally right - I was quietly digging  ;D near the top border of the map and normally I dig in a zig-zag way, so, just one empty cell remained behind me diagonally. I think, I still have the save file of this very map "scummed", in case you would like to investigate further.  8)

dak

• Unaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 11:12:01 PM »

I tried to reproduce it and here is the screenshot attached - one step (digging NW) before the message and freezing.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 11:30:51 PM »

Ha, awesome! This additional information will help greatly, thanks. If you have the save on hand from the screenshotted situation above there I'll be able to fix it faster, but if not that's okay I can also recreate these conditions without too much trouble.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

dak

• Unaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 01:34:02 AM »

Sure thing, please, see save file attached.
I've noticed that it happens when the core hits 450/1450, so, just dig a few cells to the right and one of dem walls will do the job and collapse on you  :-*