Grid Sage Forums

• April 20, 2024, 10:23:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Screen Shifting after Moving Diagonally after Melee Attacking a Wall  (Read 563 times)

DDarkray

• Cyborg
  • Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Wiki Contributor Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile

The bug seems to only occur when the Keyboard Mode is off. If the Keyboard Mode is on, the bug doesn't seem to occur. Here's how to reproduce the bug:

1) Stand next to a bunch of wall tiles (I did it in a cave level)
2) Using a melee weapon, destroy a wall tile at upper-left or upper-right (either with mouse or keyboard)
3) Move to that space using your Shift+arrow keys (don't use your mouse)

The result is that the whole screen shifts toward the right-side, away from Cogmind. If you continue to destroy a wall tile and move diagonally upper-left or upper-right in this way, the screen will continue to shift further and further away. This bug does not appear if you use other means of moving diagonally (number pad or the 'U'). It also does not appear if you destroy a wall tile diagonally bottom-left or bottom-right.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Screen Shifting after Moving Diagonally after Melee Attacking a Wall
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 07:35:28 PM »

Ooh, another obscure gift from DDarkRay :P

As I'm getting even busier prior to the approaching Steam release and this is pretty tiny, I'll look into this for the following version! As always thanks for the detailed report.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 11:36:45 PM by Kyzrati »
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Screen Shifting after Moving Diagonally after Melee Attacking a Wall
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 02:20:01 AM »

Hm, so I reached this on my TODO list, and now I can't repeat it like I could earlier. For Beta 3.1 I've already changed some of the map shifting hotkey behavior, so maybe that's it--this issue possibly just disappeared on its own.

Once/after Beta 3.1 is out you can see if this still happens to you (should be gone).
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon