Grid Sage Forums

• April 17, 2024, 06:23:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: First victory!  (Read 1109 times)

Valguris

• Cyborg
  • Kyzrati Patron Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
First victory!
« on: November 17, 2017, 10:35:15 AM »

Warning - a pretty spoilery story.

Started a game with an intent of trying full combat run. In the early factory levels I ran out treads and legs and swapped to hover instead (a stash of cmb. airjets was great! These things could actually carry as much as my treads without being overburdened). On the same floor I found Long-ranged Sensor Array and Experimental Signal Interpreter! RIP combat run, now it's a stealth run.

Still factory:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I managed to load some high rank grunts (thanks, DM!) into fabricator and get more allies. I'm an idiot. I should've made angels.

One of the factory branches:

-3 and above: Soon I found a Reaction Control System (Advanced one!) and got 90%+ evasion thanks to other items mentioned in the spoilers above :P. Enhanced Optical Array encouraged me to try sniping build again and so I did: full kinetic loadout, no need for extra cooling, destroying grunts before they can fire their first shot. Also, hovering makes it easy to reposition and dodge chance greatly cuts the damage done by enemies with high ranged weapons.

Surface! Score:

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: First victory!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 04:36:25 PM »

Wow that's quite a run, Valguris! Congrats on your first win :). A fair number of runs starting out with combat intentions end up transitioning into low-combat stealth, especially for your first wins.

That's a really eventful first win you've got there, though! DM, Waste, Zh, W... GM even :P. You sure owned the late game.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

zxc

• Cogmind
  • 1st place in the Best Escapes category during Alpha Challenge 2015 1st place in the High Scores category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Kyzrati Patron Bug Hunter Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Achievement leader in at least one category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Wiki Contributor Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Re: First victory!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 12:23:49 AM »

Sweeet run