Grid Sage Forums

• March 28, 2024, 07:36:33 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Weekly Seed #101 [Beta 3] [Seed: NeutronMetafiberWheel]  (Read 1744 times)

zxc

• Cogmind
  • 1st place in the High Scores category during Alpha Challenge 2015 1st place in the Best Escapes category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Kyzrati Patron Bug Hunter Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Achievement leader in at least one category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Wiki Contributor Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Weekly Seed #101 [Beta 3] [Seed: NeutronMetafiberWheel]
« on: November 06, 2017, 10:02:42 AM »

This week's seed: NeutronMetafiberWheel

The Weekly Seed is open to anyone, and we encourage you to share your experiences, stories, and tactics over the course of your run.

The rules are as follows:
  • The Weekly Seed begins from the date this thread is posted and lasts about seven days.
  • Make sure you are running the correct version of Cogmind (see thread subject).
  • Enter the seed and abort your current game to initiate the seed (more details are below).
  • Verify you are not running the tutorial and that the screenshots below match your game.
  • Play through the game once. This is a friendly event and we are all honest people.
  • When finished, post your scoresheet here (it should be the newest file in /scores) and any other screenshots/stories/strategies you wish to share with the community.
  • If you want to share details about the seed or your approach, make sure you use spoiler tags.
  • Due to the spoilerific nature of this thread, be sure to avoid reading details about the seed if you haven't completed your run.
  • As Cogmind now has multiple difficulty modes and challenges which will affect the world generation, by default it is assumed everyone is playing on regular difficulty with no challenges enabled. You are free to use whichever settings you wish, but if you intend on discussing it, be sure to specify what difficulty/challenges you're using!

Good luck and have fun!

HOW TO ENTER A SEED

Press F1 to go to the MENU, select OPTIONS, select Seed, and enter this week's seed:

Select GAME, select ABORT:

If you have followed the steps [Manual seed applied: NeutronMetafiberWheel] should display in the log window.

Congratulations on entering the seed, now get in there!

bugsniper

• Derelict
  • Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Seed #101 [Beta 3] [Seed: NeutronMetafiberWheel]
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 10:48:10 PM »

Every first exit I went into turned out to be a branch, and I decided to go into each one of them. At the first set of caves, I found the outpost which helped kill some enemies and improve my gear. At the second set of caves, I died because I didn't have enough reactors, and the reactor I did find was just a lure to destroy it and a lot of my core when it was on me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

LuckyLuckLuc

• Unaware
  • Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 02:20:13 PM »

Going combat with treads. Would have went further but I really need to start dropping my weapons when i go to branches with NPCs while i have some corruption.
Prevented me from re-supplying and got pretty wrecked in the proximity caves.

Score 36310

Watch it here!
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/200507184
https://go.twitch.tv/videos/200508759
https://go.twitch.tv/videos/200508903
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 02:26:55 PM by LuckyLuckLuc »
Check me out on twitch or youtube! Streaming cogmind and the like usually!

www.twitch.tv/luckyluckluc2
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKdwXQK6nQT8piuDY1kZFtw

Happylisk

• Sigix
  • Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Achievement leader in at least one category during Alpha Challenge 2015 2nd place in the Best Escapes category during Alpha Challenge 2015 2nd place in the High Scores category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 06:39:34 PM »

Pretty standard run: did my favorite branch, got to -3, got bogged down in the open and died horribly.  Had the codes for deep caves but didn't think it was a good idea to go in without a launcher.

Went gun slinging this round instead of cannons.  It went ok, I still think I prefer going 3-4 slots and focusing on thermal and EM cannons.

nuzcraft

• Derelict
  • Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 11:26:43 AM »

This was an excellent run for me...all the way until the end ;(

My build was pretty typical for me, legs with a few guns, making sure I had sensors, as opposed to my previous combat run. I made it a point to enter the lower caves, looking for Z, but was pleasantly surprised to find DM! I'd never been to that branch before and it was really cool! From there I actually escaped the P. Caves (very unlike me) and got to factory. I was planning on going back into the lower caves to try to find Z again, but ended up bumping my way up to the next factory level. I made my way to the upper caves and through into ANOTHER new branch Zh! At this point, I'm ecstatic. I'm searching around trying to learn a little about the area when I ask the question "Can I swap places with that robot?"

I don't know why I needed to know, but I did. I'd also completely forgotten that I had a mace equipped....

I straight up murdered one of Zh's guards. They turned on me. Fireworks ensued. I escaped to the P. Caves weeping at the lost opportunity and I died quickly thereafter.

Scoresheet: http://www.gridsagegames.com/cogmind/scores/171009/171121/nuzcraft-171125-231039-0-10788.txt

This run, like all my previous runs will be posted on my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChfKrCBdatBePGqB1LsAKuw?view_as=subscriber
WS 100 is just getting uploaded, so expect this one to start in a couple weeks!

nuzcraft