REXPaint > Everything REXPaint

Unable to save or Export work in REXPaint

(1/3) > >>

EndPhaze:
As the title implies, I am unable to save any of my work while using the application.
I'm assuming you save by clicking 'Save'  > naming your work > hitting the 'enter' key, just like in any other program. But maybe I missed something in the read me?
When I try to close the application after 'saving' it consistently tells me that I am about to close the application without saving my work.

+I've already:
-Restarted computer
-Reinstalled
-Moved REXpaint to a different location and tried the same process

I've tried many things to fix this already, this seems like the next best step.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for the read.

Kyzrati:
Hi EndPhaze! Yeah saving is as simple as that and there shouldn't be any problems there (ctrl-s also works). Also exporting--these features are as straightforward as one would expect.

You're seeing this behavior because your OS security settings (or anti-virus, one or the other) are preventing REXPaint from writing files. REXPaint.exe needs to have write permissions in its own directory for it to save anything (including any changes to options, by the way!).

There are a few other requirements as well, as listed in the readme included with the download, though most users meet them all without any special changes to their system.

gumix:
I can reproduce such behaviour by running RP without 'images' subdiretory, EndPhaze is that your case?

Kyzrati:
Ah good point that would be possible, too, since RP assumes the directory exists. Although EndPhaze would've had to have deleted it manually for that to happen...

EndPhaze:
Would that mean that inside of the REXpaint file I would need to see a images.dll file?
I've included a screenshot of what my file directory looks like currently.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version