Grid Sage Forums

• April 24, 2024, 07:23:22 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Getting time cost for a volley down to 25  (Read 1310 times)

Joshua

• Sigix
  • Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
Getting time cost for a volley down to 25
« on: February 25, 2018, 05:30:24 AM »

Potential item spoilers follow.

The manual says:

Note that regardless of individual or cumulative weapon delay modifiers, the time cost of a volley can never be reduced below 25.

How does one get this low?

Actuators for melee weapons can only cut the cost in half, even when stacked, and usually melee weapons have a significant delay on them already (+50-100). So that would bring you down to 100-150 time cost.

Assuming QC and weapon cyclers stack, they would each give you 50% on a single weapon, bringing the cost down to 50 (which is amazingly fast, but not 25).

Enh. Autogun is the fastest ranged weapon I have in my gallery, with -40 to delay. I'm assuming when stacked the delay modifier applies to the entire volley. Firing 6 of them would give you time cost 600 - (6 * 40) = 360. Adding 9 more would take off (9 * 40) = 360 more, but it's limited to a minimum of 25 time cost. So is having 15 Enh. Autogun really what Kyzrati had in mind? :) Note that at this point if you added more weapon slots and you could provide matter and energy to fire them all, you could fire some of the amazing late game weapons without increasing the time cost at all! You only need 16 weapon slots.

Edited to add: With 50% of weapon cyclers and assuming per weapon delay is applied after, the cost for 6 Enh. Autogun would be 300 - (6 * 40) = 60. 2 more for a total of 8 would bring it down to the minimum 25 cost, plus 1 for your late game weapon, so you would really only need 9 weapon slots plus 2 utility slots (and enough power and matter and heat dissipation).
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 06:31:31 AM by Joshua »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Getting time cost for a volley down to 25
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 05:55:18 PM »

Yeah I don't think anyone's actually managed to do this before, the main reason being it's not going to be worth the cost and it'd be hard to build and maintain anyway. Low-delay weapons like Enh. Autoguns are the most reasonable way, I believe, though who knows the minimum could be more approachable in the future with additional (new) weapons and utilities.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon