Cogmind > Fixed Bugs & Non-Bugs

Multishot weapons hits show up incorrectly in the combat log

(1/1)

Valguris:
Example in the picture: under the Beam Cannon there is one message regarding Beam Cannon shot, followed by two messages regarding Gatling Laser shots. These two Gatling Laser messages should be above Beam Cannon part, in the Gatling Laser part of log.

Kyzrati:
Thanks Valguris--the calculations log is from the prototype version of the game that didn't even have multiprojectile weapons :P. The idea has been to replace the entire thing with a new system, so the few behavioral inconsistencies discovered over the past couple years will not be fixed for the current system. (The calc log itself was not an intended part of the game design, just added because players are used to having one in a roguelike and seem to really like relying on it, so I'm going to have to make a more decent version xD) I'll make sure the new system takes this into account.

Kyzrati:
Interesting piece of information here, as I look through the combat log features to give it a bigger expansion for Beta 13: The combat log is technically correct in that screenshot (if confusing :P), because the resolution of additional projectiles from multiprojectile weapons may be interspersed among other attacks shortly after it in the volley, as the multiple projectiles might take longer to resolve, during which other weapons could have a window to fire. But the log itself is purely linear, recording things as they occur, so the subsequent laser hits aren't really happening until after the cannon attacks and also happens to hit its target. We'll see how this changes when things are rearranged...

Kyzrati:
Well that was an interesting detour, and I've updated the system to make sure all projectiles of a multiprojectile weapon are resolved before any subsequent weapons in the same volley start firing. Looks like the log reflects that as well (haven't actually yet started updating the log--had to figure this out first xD). Been in there since the very first version but isn't an especially obvious or consequential effect so no one seems to have noticed.

Thanks for the clear and simple sample to work with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version