Grid Sage Forums

• April 25, 2024, 02:31:12 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Rusted Items  (Read 668 times)

Jeffg10

• Unaware
  • Unaware Central
    • View Profile
Rusted Items
« on: October 23, 2017, 08:45:52 PM »

Rusted Items - old items that are found on the starting floors that act sort of like prototypes and have higher damage or special effects but either degrade at a much faster rate or start out with a massive hit to their integrity, mainly for weapons but could also be for engines, treads, hover units, exc. rusted parts could also have special variants that can't be found in non-rusted formats (think an old design that's been long since phased out by MAIN.C and is no longer being produced for better alternatives)

Bonus:
Uniques - unique items that can only be found once per play through and typically have better integrity and damage as well as special effects and a unique ASKII picture as opposed to their base model, so for example a special proton cannon that pierces targets or a rail gun that fires at two targets at once, exc. (could drop 2 - 3 update if it's not worth it to make a bunch of them at once)
Main.C 24/7

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Rusted Items
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 09:18:50 PM »

Welcome Jeffg10!

Rusted Items
There are some items that behave like this.

You'll find rooms filled with debris and damaged items in certain areas, and there are other types of items that degrade as you use them (though not many).

It could be expanded a bit, and I do rather like that idea about adding variety to the early game like this! More powerful stuff from later on that clearly won't last as long, but in the early game it could be fun to use for a bit.

Actually, it kinda falls in line with what I'm already doing--technically there are ways to get a few mid-game items out of depth early on, something I plan to continue adding more of. (You need to visit "the right places" :P)

Specifically with rusted higher-level parts, I can see a small lore issue since it doesn't make a lot of sense to have old but powerful items that far down in the complex... but I'll keep it in mind. There are definitely more item concepts in the works already, just very low priority right now compared to other features.

Uniques
I can't comment on this because spoilers.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon