Grid Sage Forums

• March 28, 2024, 07:31:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Will you still provide the drm-free version to the alpha supporters?  (Read 1473 times)

sandersan

• Unaware
    • View Profile

First of all, Congratulations! After years of hard works, you've finally made it! It will be on the Steam! ;D ;D
I'm a alpha supporter from China, who chatted with you several times one year ago.
Today I told this BREAKING NEWS to my group, -maybe the biggest group of RL fans in China. Many people are eager to purchase your masterpiece once it's released on Steam! ;D ;D
(I know you can speak and type in Chinese. If you agree, you can join our group via Tecent QQ! :P)
But I have a question: once it is released on Steam, will you still provide the drm-free version to the alpha supporters for any futher update, just like the way till now?
I'm now studying in Russia, the games on Steam will be blocked for people who move away from China or Russia. I do have purchased many games, but none of them was bought on Steam... :-\ :-\
Sincerely,

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Will you still provide the drm-free version to the alpha supporters?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 06:22:01 PM »

Hey sandersan!

Absolutely, the DRM-free version will continue to receive all updates (even the future Achievements expansion!), forever. The purpose of the Steam launch is just to get it to people who only use Steam, or who prefer Steam updates over the DRM-free download. I certainly support DRM-free, and honestly if I didn't have to use Steam reach so many more people, I wouldn't. (I'm not normally a Steam user--I've only just started now because I need to release there :P)

另外,跟你讲一下DRM-free平台那边最近也开始接受银联卡,这样想必对中国买家比较方便了吧!

Thanks for the help and support!

I'd love to join the QQ group if I had more time, but I've already got more than I can bite off here just working on the English side :/ (where at least it's easy to do a lot of copy-pasting and editing, rather than translating or writing from scratch!). Plus I'm pretty sure China will be a relatively tiny market for me since there's no localization (though I'd be happy to be proven wrong on that point). Anyway, we'll see what happens soon enough :P
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon