Grid Sage Forums

• April 20, 2024, 03:28:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Mouse Jumped after Inspecting Item after toggling off Keyboard Mode  (Read 687 times)

DDarkray

• Cyborg
  • Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Wiki Contributor Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile

The bug seems to occur after I rebind the keyboard as mentioned in the Experimental Keyboard Layout/Rebinding topic, making my 'P' key as my new Keyboard Mode button. The bug occurs even after changing the value of "exposeKeybinds" in Cogmind.cfg to 0. You might want to check to see if the bug is related to the rebinding or not.

Here's how I produce the bug:

1) I toggled on the Keyboard Mode (whether it's through the Option menu or through the 'P' key)
2) Inspected a wall tile
3) Toggled Keyboard Mode back off
4) Used my mouse to right-click to inspect an item (whether it's on the ground, in inventory, or in equipment)
5) Closed the item data window via Esc key

The outcome is that my mouse pointer immediately jumped to the center of the screen. The problem persists whenever I inspect an item and closing the window. If I simply toggle on and off the Keyboard Mode without inspecting a terrain tile, the mouse will not jump after inspecting an item. If I inspect the Cogmind itself, the mouse also will not jump. The bug ends after closing the game and reopening it.

I've attached some files in case you need it.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Mouse Jumped after Inspecting Item after toggling off Keyboard Mode
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 09:24:30 PM »

Ha, that's really weird... and obscure :P

I guess you've found this now after only just starting to take advantage of the rebind system to use the convenience of frequent alternating for mouse + pure kb hybrid input. Most people play one or the other, or use kb in mouse mode, rather than frequently switching back and forth in various menus.

The issue itself has nothing to do with rebinding, though, just some oddity in the way things work differently between mouse+kb and pure keyboard modes.

Note that the cursor is silently moved around in pure keyboard mode--that's how it's always worked, but you've managed to find a creative way to get it to do behave oddly once back in mouse mode :P

Thanks for remembering and relating that sequence of events, very helpful :)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 09:34:24 PM »

Ah yeah, found it and fixed for next release.

The system was designed assuming people weren't switching back and forth between the two modes while specifically playing around with the item info window, so it was remembering a "fake cursor" position from when the window was first opened, even though that no longer matters once you're in mouse mode.

Thanks again.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

DDarkray

• Cyborg
  • Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Wiki Contributor Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 09:43:31 PM »

The system was designed assuming people weren't switching back and forth between the two modes while specifically playing around with the item info window.

Glad I get to be a weird guy doing weird things. :P