Grid Sage Forums

• March 28, 2024, 01:23:27 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Update 170922 - The Button  (Read 1286 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Update 170922 - The Button
« on: September 22, 2017, 12:08:51 AM »

I've hit a certain button around here...

Yep, it's time.

Release should be some time in October, but I still have plenty to take care of before then and can't yet set a specific date. Note that it'll be "Early Access"--as mentioned before I think it's worth just putting it out like that and continuing to add some new features rather than finishing up the last little bits of polish that must be done before I'd call it 1.0 and doing a full release first.

Pretty soon I'll see about putting up a Coming Soon page on Steam to help raise awareness. That'll be announced here (etc.) when it happens.

In other preparations I finally replaced the two-year-old gifs on Cogmind's main page. The content is similar to what was there before, though at least with the better font and faster FOV response, along with being somewhat busier:

This weekend I'm also submitting to IGF 2018. Not much chance of Cogmind being recognized there (too niche!), but it's something I've always wanted to do so why not :D

I'll be submitting... the newest build, actually, which is coming next week! It's Beta 2.2, and it's got some nice stuff for you (especially for combat builds). More on that when it comes out, but I'll mention now that it also comes with a new collection of Survival Tips, which will be useful for helping beginners avoid the scrap pile. (Probably a good thing to have before it hits the Steam masses :P)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon