Grid Sage Forums

• March 28, 2024, 05:54:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Update 171007 - Horizon Green  (Read 1181 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Update 171007 - Horizon Green
« on: October 06, 2017, 10:31:00 PM »

Cogmind itself is good to go for the next big phase :D

Pre-release testing is done, and it was pretty funny how simple and clear-cut the Steam players country graph was for a while there :P

Last week we had the store page approved, and this week was the second and final step, build approval:

Over on the dev blog I shared details about the entire preparation process, so check that out if you're interested in what goes on behind the scenes before a game can be released on Steam.

All that's left is notifying reviewers/LPers/streamers and writing all the announcements and other boring stuff. Now that's a short sentence beginning with "all that's left," but trust me this stuff is extremely time-consuming xD

Even before beginning that task, though, PC Gamer ran a flattering article about Cogmind, CoQ, and Unexplored this week. Perfect timing on that :)

Other announcements:
  • DDarkRay has written up a useful new strategy guide on positioning, super important stuff for any players focusing on combat to consider.
  • The Announcements board here on the forums now supports replies! I should've done that a while ago, but didn't have a mod that would retain post order even when others comment. Now that's settled and this particular board might not seem so lonely :P. (Plus there won't be a need to make separate discussion threads when there's some announcement-related topic to discuss--just reply here in the announcements.)

This will likely be the last update before... you know :). I'm off to continue preparations!

Note: Some time before (or at) the launch I'll be sending out emails with keys for those who want to switch over from the DRM-free system to Steam. They might end up in your spam box so if you don't have one by Steam launch, look there :)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon