Grid Sage Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:37:44 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Weekly Seed #94 [Beta 2.1] [Seed: ReactiveFactoryRailgun]  (Read 1587 times)

zxc

• Cogmind
  • 1st place in the Best Escapes category during Alpha Challenge 2015 1st place in the High Scores category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Kyzrati Patron Bug Hunter Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Achievement leader in at least one category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Wiki Contributor Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Weekly Seed #94 [Beta 2.1] [Seed: ReactiveFactoryRailgun]
« on: September 06, 2017, 01:15:42 AM »

This week's seed: ReactiveFactoryRailgun

The Weekly Seed is open to anyone, and we encourage you to share your experiences, stories, and tactics over the course of your run.

The rules are as follows:
  • The Weekly Seed begins from the date this thread is posted and lasts about seven days.
  • Make sure you are running the correct version of Cogmind (see thread subject).
  • Enter the seed and abort your current game to initiate the seed (more details are below).
  • Verify you are not running the tutorial and that the screenshots below match your game.
  • Play through the game once. This is a friendly event and we are all honest people.
  • When finished, post your scoresheet here (it should be the newest file in /scores) and any other screenshots/stories/strategies you wish to share with the community.
  • If you want to share details about the seed or your approach, make sure you use spoiler tags.
  • Due to the spoilerific nature of this thread, be sure to avoid reading details about the seed if you haven't completed your run.
  • As Cogmind now has multiple difficulty modes and challenges which will affect the world generation, by default it is assumed everyone is playing on regular difficulty with no challenges enabled. You are free to use whichever settings you wish, but if you intend on discussing it, be sure to specify what difficulty/challenges you're using!

Good luck and have fun!

HOW TO ENTER A SEED

Press F1 to go to the MENU, select OPTIONS, select Seed, and enter this week's seed:

Select GAME, select ABORT:

If you have followed the steps [Manual seed applied: ReactiveFactoryRailgun] should display in the log window.

Congratulations on entering the seed, now get in there!

Raine

• Derelict
  • Wiki Contributor Kyzrati Patron Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Seed #94 [Beta 2.1] [Seed: ReactiveFactoryRailgun]
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 02:05:03 AM »

Spoiler: Scoresheet (click to show/hide)

Ok run I guess... nice to get this far with an average speed < 100 playstyle/build. Got to try out Storm Laser which was pretty awesome while it lasted. Despite evolving 4 weapon slots most of the important killing was facilitated by Quantum Capacitor + best energy cannon/other offense processors and utilities. Coolant Injector style heat sinks are broken good... they also feel pretty necessary when wasting 4 slots on Adv. Heat Sinks fails to keep heat at acceptable levels. I think my biggest mistake was barely spending any time on -2... I should've spent more time there trying to build up a Zionite army or at least stock up on launchers + armor and other defensive utilities. Regardless I managed to fight my way through about 1/3rd of -1 before a group of 6 Hunters overwhelmed me. I had pretty bad luck with Garrison placement. I know there are typically 4 on each Factory level, but how many are on -1?

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 05:40:36 AM »

-1 has 6 :) (but it's also the largest floor, so it balances out)

And it was odd to see where you died there--I thought for a second you were still doing the SG challenge :P. Where were you doing in there? Entered as a way to try to escape?

Injectors are definitely better, though they're also not quite as easy to acquire as the regular ones, and eventually they'll burn out...

I hate Hunters xD
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

nuzcraft

• Derelict
  • Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 08:56:19 PM »

So, I did this a little backwards and ended up doing WS94 AFTER WS95. Honestly, this run ended the same as that one...I went in the caves and got to Zion with almost no core, then got shredded after that. Maybe I'll learn something this time ;)

Also, I went through storage twice!! At one point I clicked SHUTDOWN instead of HIBERNATE, but managed to grab an old autosave so I could continue without losing too much progress.

Spoiler: Scoresheet (click to show/hide)

As always, this run will be posted to my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChfKrCBdatBePGqB1LsAKuw (though probably not for a week or two)

Looking forward to steam release! Congrats Kyz!

-nuzcraft

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 09:43:28 PM »

Thanks nuzcraft! By the way I like how you're picking out ASCII art for your cover images, looks neat.

Also, I went through storage twice!! At one point I clicked SHUTDOWN instead of HIBERNATE, but managed to grab an old autosave so I could continue without losing too much progress.
Oh so that's how you lost your main save :P

I even added click confirmation on those buttons to prevent things like that from happening, but I figured it wouldn't be enough for all cases xD. Ideally I guess it should be handled as a separate popup in another location that makes it doubly obvious what you're really about to do, but that's a lot more involved...

(I'll probably end up doing something like that once a few more stories like this pop up, though...)

nuzcraft

• Derelict
  • Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 06:57:03 PM »

Thanks Kyz! I know you've worked really hard on all the assets and wanted to try and show a few of them off!!  ;D

With the buttons, I'll be the first to admit that it was late, I was tired, and I just kept mashing it so I could go to bed  :'(

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 07:13:18 PM »

Hehe, one way to avoid that is to instead use the hotkeys, which you can do without even going into the menus. Ctrl-Shift-Alt-s in the main interface will save and exit immediately :)