Grid Sage Forums

• April 20, 2024, 12:28:25 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Weekly Seed #96 [Beta 2.2] [Seed: TacticalRiotScythe]  (Read 1258 times)

zxc

• Cogmind
  • 1st place in the Best Escapes category during Alpha Challenge 2015 1st place in the High Scores category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Kyzrati Patron Bug Hunter Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Achievement leader in at least one category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Wiki Contributor Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Weekly Seed #96 [Beta 2.2] [Seed: TacticalRiotScythe]
« on: September 27, 2017, 07:05:52 AM »

This week's seed: TacticalRiotScythe

The Weekly Seed is open to anyone, and we encourage you to share your experiences, stories, and tactics over the course of your run.

The rules are as follows:
  • The Weekly Seed begins from the date this thread is posted and lasts about seven days.
  • Make sure you are running the correct version of Cogmind (see thread subject).
  • Enter the seed and abort your current game to initiate the seed (more details are below).
  • Verify you are not running the tutorial and that the screenshots below match your game.
  • Play through the game once. This is a friendly event and we are all honest people.
  • When finished, post your scoresheet here (it should be the newest file in /scores) and any other screenshots/stories/strategies you wish to share with the community.
  • If you want to share details about the seed or your approach, make sure you use spoiler tags.
  • Due to the spoilerific nature of this thread, be sure to avoid reading details about the seed if you haven't completed your run.
  • As Cogmind now has multiple difficulty modes and challenges which will affect the world generation, by default it is assumed everyone is playing on regular difficulty with no challenges enabled. You are free to use whichever settings you wish, but if you intend on discussing it, be sure to specify what difficulty/challenges you're using!

Good luck and have fun!

HOW TO ENTER A SEED

Press F1 to go to the MENU, select OPTIONS, select Seed, and enter this week's seed:

Select GAME, select ABORT:

If you have followed the steps [Manual seed applied: TacticalRiotScythe] should display in the log window.

Congratulations on entering the seed, now get in there!

DDarkray

• Cyborg
  • Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Wiki Contributor Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Seed #96 [Beta 2.2] [Seed: TacticalRiotScythe]
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 10:40:57 PM »

First seed run for Beta 2.2! With the new update regarding shield and tread buff, I think it's time to start bringing home a combat win trophy! It will be painful, and it won't be easy, but if I win, it would be the greatest victory I've ever achieved!

Starting off in Materials, I thoroughly searched for the best components possible, and the best place to find the best parts is inside the haulers. So throughout the first 3 floors, I took down plenty of haulers (7 in fact), uncovering prototypes after prototypes. Hvy. EM Shotguns, Hvy. Particle Guns, Enh. Autoguns, Adv. EMP Blaster, they filled up my 2 Lrg. Storage Units to the very brim! What more can I ask for?

With my fully prepared equipment, I marched forward to the Factory level. Buffed with 4 weapon slots, I easily brushed aside every opponent in my way. Nothing could stand a chance.

As I entered the next stair, I didn't bother checking where it would lead me. Turns out that the stairs led me to the Lower Cave. Not a big deal, I could take on anything, right?

Yes, but not sustainably though.

You see, I could easily brushed off anything, but all my weapons seem to produce SO. MUCH. HEAT. I didn't take a careful look at my heat level until this happens:

Spoiler: This is horrible (click to show/hide)

That's right. Both of my storage units (my only storage units!) sustained heavy damage. Distraught, I finally remember to pull out my heat sink. But even then, there's nothing I could do to reverse the effect.

Still confident in my combat skill, I continued on in my journey through the cave level. I saw an enemy base with two unpowered robots, waiting for me to rewire them as my new allies. I would like to have them, but are they worth the risk? Enemies are sleeping on the other side of the wall, and a single Warden was secretly guarding beside the two unpowered robots. Obviously, such an intrusion will surely wake everyone up, but my inventory is full of weapons that haven't seen any action yet! I think it's time to show who's the boss.

I charged in with my 4 weapons of death and then opened fire at everything that dares to challenge me. Swarmers and grunts in their dormant state quickly rose up to defend their base. It could have been an easy fight, but what I didn't realize is that the Warden could do this:

Spoiler: The Thing I Forget (click to show/hide)

Warden could call for reinforcement! Now that's a tough fight. After slaying one after another, more enemies showed up. A Carrier greeted me with duelists, grunt, and protector, raining down pains and suffering all over me. Eventually, my heat sink couldn't keep up with the long battle, tearing down my build bits by bits. My storage unit also broke down, spilling my goodies all over the floor. For the first time, my strong shiny build was turning into the thing I couldn't recognize anymore.

Spoiler: From Good to Bad (click to show/hide)

Fortunately, I was able to clear the fight. However, my great supply of weapons was ruined, my second and last storage unit was barely hanging on, and what was the reward for all of this mess? Two unpowered robots. (Ugh!) Well, that's not a good trade-off.

After I ventured deeper into the cave, I got to meet a Data Miner, but honestly, I was hoping to see Zion instead. :( So now, I had to travel through one more cave level before I could finally leave this place. With no way of restocking my supplies, I really needed to get out of here.

Fortunately, I got to meet a little friend.

Spoiler: Actually two friends (click to show/hide)

So that was pretty awesome. And guess what? I accidentally stumbled into another enemy base!!

Spoiler: Not again!!! (click to show/hide)

That's right, round 2! And this time, with only a quarter of my strength! I was hoping that I could finish off the Warden before it could call for help, but it was too late. All the dormant enemies ran up to my face before I could finish it off. Heck, even the annoying Derelict danced all around me in the middle of the fight. Dude, you do realize that we're dying....?? :(

In this world, there are two types of friend.

Spoiler: The good one that dies (click to show/hide)

And of course, when all things are coming to the end, the end comes really fast.

Spoiler: The End (click to show/hide)

Lessons learned:

1) Always check your weapons' heat level and then equip a heat sink accordingly.

2)  Think twice (even thrice) before entering an enemy's base!

Spoiler: Scoresheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 08:32:27 AM by DDarkray »