Grid Sage Forums

• March 29, 2024, 08:15:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [Feature Request] Per layer 3-bits blend mask (fg/bg/glyph)  (Read 1160 times)

gumix

• Cyborg
    • View Profile
[Feature Request] Per layer 3-bits blend mask (fg/bg/glyph)
« on: August 04, 2017, 05:00:32 AM »

Probably it could simply overlap layer visibility state (multiple clicks with shift on it could cycle between all 8 modes).
Even if not persistent in .xp file, it would greatly simplify my mockup proofing :)
Everyone can dream ...  right? ;)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [Feature Request] Per layer 3-bits blend mask (fg/bg/glyph)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 05:57:10 AM »

Hm, not sure how something like this would really work, not on the UI level but in terms of the console architecture.

I'd have to see a sample use case to have a better idea of the ultimate goal, but even then I don't think it could be supported without adding this as a feature to the engine itself, which would slow the whole thing down.

That and not including it in the .xp format would be kind of annoying (loses it's long-term value...), but adding complexity to the format isn't something I'd want to do, either. We'll see what happens in the future--a feature like this would be beyond a lot of other higher priorities at the moment (which are all themselves still sitting behind the highest priority: finishing Cogmind xD).
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon