Grid Sage Forums

• March 28, 2024, 04:16:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Cogmind nonportable config issue  (Read 733 times)

Gexgekko

• Unaware
    • View Profile
Cogmind nonportable config issue
« on: July 11, 2017, 04:46:05 AM »

So I run the game (EDIT: Beta 2, THE LAST ONE I THOUGHT IT WAS CALLED BETA 1.2) with -nonportable as admin (so it has perms to modify the config file) and config is not saving. Like changing difficulty, auto-activating parts, tactical hud, username, send error report... Every part of the config. I can save games and play fine in a single session (multiple ingame runs, one .exe run) but if I quit the game (saving game or not) the config is lost.
Lore exports fine on the same folder cogmind.cfg is located.

I am running Win8.1, the folder is C:\Users\USUARIO\.Grid Sage Games\Cogmind and the cfg is not read only. I opened it and it has the default values for config keys like playerName="Anonymous" (I set it as Gexgekko for testing and it doesn't save) etc etc...

I've checked how it works and I've seen this:

1 - I change config ingame.
2 - Exit game.
3 - File is fine with new config applied.
4 - On booting the game again, it replaces the config file with the default one.

scorehistory.txt is not updating either. buffer.txt works fine.

I've checked run.log and it can't open config file (line 4 here https://pastebin.com/g51sMNkY)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 06:34:07 AM by Gexgekko »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Cogmind nonportable config issue
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 08:19:33 AM »

Hey Gexgekko, I was wondering if anyone would actually try to use that feature! Too bad it apparently doesn't "just work" :P

I just spent two hours investigating this, and I can't tell why it won't let the game read text files from that system directory... I can save any files just fine, and read non-text files just fine, but an error occurs whenever trying to read text files--pretty annoying! :/

I guess -nonportable is a no-go for now :(

I'll update this thread if and when I can find a solution, but until then you'll have to stick to the standard method. Thanks for trying it out!
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Cogmind nonportable config issue
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 09:35:20 PM »

Whew, that took forever... Finally found the cause and solved it, so -nonportable works as expected for the next version! (coming next week!)

Thanks again for the report :)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon