Grid Sage Forums

• April 25, 2024, 09:08:31 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: I wish the grids with a map comment are more conspicuous  (Read 720 times)

Jiyva

• Derelict
    • View Profile
I wish the grids with a map comment are more conspicuous
« on: February 20, 2024, 06:32:51 PM »

As you can see from the screenshot, I put a map comment on grid A where a sentry sits (The garrison nearby makes me want to avoid fights here). But later I accidentally opened the door at grid B while failing to see the marked grid A.

Of course, grids with comments are purple and flash gently (4 seconds interval?). But I still find it easy to miss it. Two things would make the map comments feature even better for me:

* An option to configure the flash mode. (E.g, 0,1,3,5 seconds interval; 0 = no flash)
* A key (E.g, 5) that display all map comments in full text in view. (Yes, I am aware that space + C already does that. But it is not compatible with mapshift mode)

The first point makes grids with comments more visible for players. The second point gives players an option to see what the comments are.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 06:48:21 PM by Jiyva »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: I wish the grids with a map comment are more conspicuous
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2024, 07:12:43 PM »

The configuration feature already exists, it was introduced together with map comments when they were first added to the game, and is described in the manual under Map Comments.

You can set your interval (or turn it off) via mapCommentHighlightInterval.

Not planning to add another key for it though, you'll have to enter comment mode for that.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Jiyva

• Derelict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2024, 07:23:10 PM »

The configuration feature already exists, it was introduced together with map comments when they were first added to the game, and is described in the manual under Map Comments.

You can set your interval (or turn it off) via mapCommentHighlightInterval.

Not planning to add another key for it though, you'll have to enter comment mode for that.

ahh, "mapCommentHighlightInterval" would do. Thank you  :)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2024, 07:46:39 PM »

Yeah it was intentionally set a little lower by default to avoid being annoying, since that's a core tenet of the design, to keep the map as static and low-distraction as possible, but depending on how much you rely on comments, and what for, lowering that value to make them really noticeable could be desirable and helpful--make them as annoying as you want ;)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Jiyva

• Derelict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2024, 08:30:12 PM »

that's a core tenet of the design
Totally understandable. That is what makes Cogmind so cool !