Grid Sage Forums

• March 29, 2024, 03:10:50 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Exporting text exports space as Unicode c2a0  (Read 1484 times)

dave

• Unaware
    • View Profile
Exporting text exports space as Unicode c2a0
« on: June 17, 2017, 08:59:01 AM »

Hi there,

I'm doing a little bit of simple ascii art in RexPaint (either ANSI or normal versions) and I'm exporting in txt mode using CTRL-T.
Now, I would like the output to be normal 8-bit ASCII.
However, I notice that the file that I export contains c2a0 for each space character (i.e. unicode no-break-space). However, I think it would be more normal to get a regular space code 20 since the rest of the characters (so far!) that I've tried are exported as their normal 8-bit ascii codes.

Cheers.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Exporting text exports space as Unicode c2a0
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 12:45:27 AM »

Hi dave, I originally implemented two other text export methods before settling on that approach because it turns out exporting to UTF8 was the only way to get the output on all systems looking exactly as you see it in a REXPaint image (otherwise systems for which CP437 is not the default code page will not be able to properly show extended ASCII!).

I'll stick with UTF8 as the default, but I've added a new option in the config file "txtOutputUTF8," that you can turn off to use CP437 character codes. Here's patched .exe you can use until the next release where I'll include it as a regular feature :) (Edit: Feature now included with v1.04)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 06:57:46 PM by Kyzrati »
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon